OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Smoked turkey burgers  (Read 1168 times)

Offline hawk1958

Smoked turkey burgers
« on: May 15, 2022, 08:43:25 AM »
The grandkids and I really enjoyed these.
hawk58

Smoked Turkey Burgers
Serve these mouth-watering patties in traditional burger fashion, on a bun with all the trimmings – lettuce, tomato, onion, a sweep of mayo and any other condiments your heart desires. Makes four large or six medium-sized patties.

Ingredients
2 pounds ground turkey
1 minced onion
3 cloves minced garlic
1 cup (more or less) bread crumbs
1/4 cup spicy ketchup (or your favourite barbeque sauce for deeper flavour)
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
Seasoned with salt and black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Put all ingredients, except Worcestershire sauce, together in a large bowl and mix well with your hands. If mixture is too moist, add a few more crumbs. If too dry, add another egg. It should have a typical patty consistency. Using your hands, form the mixture into patties. Place on waxed paper, sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce, and chill in the fridge for several hours.

Fire up your smoker according to directions for your model. I prefer apple chips for turkey, but you can use any flavour of chips you desire. Bring the smoker to a temperature of 250 degrees Fahrenheit.

Place the patties on a rack, spacing them well apart so smoke and heat can circulate. Put the rack in the preheated smoker.

Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. I use a meat thermometer to ensure they have reached the recommended temperature for safe eating. Since there are many different makes of smokers on the market today, as well as homemade models, cooking times will vary.