turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Both Iowa tags filled

Started by 2eagles, May 02, 2022, 08:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2eagles

The last couple of years, I've been in a slump. Minor health issues and some rotten luck.
I seem to have gotten my mojo back. I filled my Season 1 tag on public ground opening morning. Seemed like a long time for Season 4 to open and I was ready. Now some won't approve and that's fine, but I have a 75 acre private property that I can hunt, so it's pick a spot and try to call a bird in. Not a run&gun place for sure. I set up a blind the first day and put out a jake decoy standing over a hen with another hen 20 yards to the side. A strutter came by but wouldn't come in. Saturday I had coffee with a new friend from my church and didn't plan on hunting. But the weather so ok, so I thought I'd try. Same blind, same spot but only put out my hen decoys. I called a tiny bit, a hen came in and there was a gobble behind her. She went back and I expected the tom to go with her, but he came into range and it was over. Season 4 done in less than 10 minutes!
Now I'll try to watch a friend shoot his bird.

chadly

Cool.  Congrats on filling those tages.  Here in iowa its been so cold the seasons have been a bit different. 

USMC0331

Congratulations

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Zobo

You don't need anyone's stamp of approval, Congratulations on a better season than the last few!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Yoteduster

Cottonmouth

GobbleGitr

Congratulations!  I am a fellow Iowan, filled my second tag in the high wind on Sat...amazing the birds could hear me calling

ybuck

Turkeybutt

Congratulations! Way to go Bud!

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on tagging out!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Wisgobbler

Congratulations! I love hunting Iowa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffC

Congrats on getting your mojo back
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

tomstopper

Congratulations

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

OJR

That's awesome! Congratulations!

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.