OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

On the board

Started by Old Timer, May 02, 2022, 04:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Timer

Well after a 2 week battle with the COVID I was questioning my anticipation for hunting the opener. I did not sleep well the night before so I said what the heck get up. I arrived at my spot by dawn. Did not hear a gobble. But heard screech owl, geese, ducks, crows and you name it. I had an adult fisher arrive on the scene, looked at me at me like I was a meal. I moved on had 2 hunters come in from another property walking the line. After a brief introduction I concluded they were true gentlemen and sportsmen and they gave me the room I needed. After a couple more moves on the property I decided my last setup would be close to the truck by an open pine field. I cutt on the glass call an being hearing impaired he sounded a long way off. Well I looked up and there he was about 50 yards out. I gave me some purrs and he broke. The winchester #5 lbxr`s were the ticket. I then gave him a ride home in the old pick up. Good day for the old guy. Thank you Lord. That`s my story and im sticking to it! Thanks for listening.

bigriverbum

a day to be grateful for.

thanks!

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Tom007

Congrats my friend....

boatpaddle

Congratulations & enjoy the meal(s)..

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

tomstopper

Congratulations

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Yoteduster

chadly

Glad you were able to recover and get out hunting.  Congrats.

Cowboy

What a Blessing! Congrats. Glad you recovered from Illness. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

richard black

Good job and congratulations on getting out there and getting one. Glad you recovered from Covid too.
A true turkey hunter!

zelmo1

Congrats on a truly great day bro

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

OJR

Excellent, Congratulations!!

Turkeybutt

Old Timer congrats on a fine bird and for getting out there and getting it done!

grayfox

Great job Old Timer!