turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Red Dot Setup for Youth 870 20 Gauge??

Started by BDeal, April 27, 2022, 11:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbird22

Burris FF mount for Marlin 336 + Burris Fastfire 2 (Yes, 2) = you'll thank me later! Get the gun drilled and tapped. You won't need to change the battery but every 2-3 years as long as you don't leave it on all turkey season..lol. I've used an FF2 since 2011 and can tell you they're tough as nails. Oh, and in the event that you need it, Burris has top notch customer service!

BDeal

Quote from: Jbird22 on April 27, 2022, 11:04:49 PM
Burris FF mount for Marlin 336 + Burris Fastfire 2 (Yes, 2) = you'll thank me later! Get the gun drilled and tapped. You won't need to change the battery but every 2-3 years as long as you don't leave it on all turkey season..lol. I've used an FF2 since 2011 and can tell you they're tough as nails. Oh, and in the event that you need it, Burris has top notch customer service!

Why not use the meadow creek ventilated rob mount?

smh

I use the Meadow Creek rib mount with Burris FF3 on my youth 20 gauge 870 and could not be better pleased.

Jbird22

Quote from: BDeal on April 28, 2022, 12:45:04 PM
Quote from: Jbird22 on April 27, 2022, 11:04:49 PM

Why not use the meadow creek ventilated rob mount?
I can't tell you why not as I have never used a Meadow Creek mount. However, I have used the 336 base w/FF2 for several years now and can tell you it's a great combination. As others have said, you will definitely lose some FOV being the Meadow Creek mounts farther forward.

USMC0331

Not sure how you would  loose FOV with a Meadow creek mount.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Jbird22

Quote from: USMC0331 on April 28, 2022, 07:19:42 PM
Not sure how you would  loose FOV with a Meadow creek mount.

If it's mounted farther from your eye, wouldn't that be a given?

USMC0331

Both of my eyes are open just as if using a bead so my field of view is the same.

jhoward11

I have the vent rib mounts on one of my 12g turkey guns, with a Burris fast fire 3. It works great! Make sure to use the lock tight on the threads. Good luck.