OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Babe Ruth picture with a Big Gobbler

Started by lxsolocam, April 20, 2022, 01:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PALongspur

tracker vi

I think Remington Sportsman by the shape of the forearm.

zelmo1

the Ward

Great pictures, thanks for posting them. He looks really cold in the first one with the turkey lol!
Compared to other people in the pictures, he looks like a big dude.

Marc

Quote from: FL-Boss on April 20, 2022, 10:25:11 PM
This ... likely a Browning.. but could be a Rem model 11...or the savage humback.
Yes, I would assume the Browning A-5 or Remington Model 11 as well...  Had no idea Savage made one till this post.

My grandfather shot Brownings and Remingtons for waterfowl, and his favorite fowling piece was a Remington Model 11 with a cuts-compensator and poly-choke.

I still have one of the Brownings, and it is in great condition...  Wonderful gun to shoot, horrible gun to clean.  You need to be an engineer to dismantle and put that gun back together!

I noticed that Babe is a lefty, shooting a right-handed auto...  Guess there were not many choices back then for repeating shot-guns made for a lefty?  I would think those shells flying in front of my face would be distracting, but guessing that "Babe" did OK shooting.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

lxsolocam

Quote from: Marc on April 21, 2022, 10:41:51 AM
Quote from: FL-Boss on April 20, 2022, 10:25:11 PM
This ... likely a Browning.. but could be a Rem model 11...or the savage humback.
Yes, I would assume the Browning A-5 or Remington Model 11 as well...  Had no idea Savage made one till this post.

My grandfather shot Brownings and Remingtons for waterfowl, and his favorite fowling piece was a Remington Model 11 with a cuts-compensator and poly-choke.

I still have one of the Brownings, and it is in great condition...  Wonderful gun to shoot, horrible gun to clean.  You need to be an engineer to dismantle and put that gun back together!

I noticed that Babe is a lefty, shooting a right-handed auto...  Guess there were not many choices back then for repeating shot-guns made for a lefty?  I would think those shells flying in front of my face would be distracting, but guessing that "Babe" did OK shooting.
Only reason I knew the Savage existed in a humpback design was because I inherited one from my Grandpa. 30 inch barrel. Fixed full choke. No vent rib. Plain barrel. Savage Model 720 to be exact. Good old guns. Here's pics of one identical to mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stevens 301 in 410, Kicks Gobblin Thunder 385 choke tube, AT3 Tactical Micro reflex red dot, Verdict Ammunition 3" TSS 9.5's.

ElkTurkMan

Great Picture's I love those retro pics.

lxsolocam

Here are some more old hunting pics. Look at the size of some of the bucks in these pictures! Mind blowing.

Stevens 301 in 410, Kicks Gobblin Thunder 385 choke tube, AT3 Tactical Micro reflex red dot, Verdict Ammunition 3" TSS 9.5's.

lxsolocam

Yoteduster

Great pics thanks to everyone for posting them

310 gauge

There  were some mighty fine Bucks in some of those pictures.

the Ward

Anyone catch the one with the giant grasshopper lol?

mikejd

Those are some great pics right there.

lxsolocam

Quote from: the Ward on April 22, 2022, 10:02:26 PM
Anyone catch the one with the giant grasshopper lol?
I snuck that one in

lxsolocam

Here's another oldie. Love those Savage Model 99 lever action rifles.