OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best Turkey hunting states. Here's the top 5. Agree? Disagree?

Started by lxsolocam, April 13, 2022, 08:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lxsolocam

Saw this online but being from Mid Missouri and hunting here the last 35+ years has me pretty biased. Missouri is hard to beat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stevens 301 in 410, Kicks Gobblin Thunder 385 choke tube, AT3 Tactical Micro reflex red dot, Verdict Ammunition 3" TSS 9.5's.

guesswho

Most people that come to Alabama to hunt for the first time would probably argue that #2 ranking.   Not sure about the other rankings.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Dtrkyman

My top one isn't on the list, and I ain't telling what it is.   :wave:

Tail Feathers

Texas has great hunting in a lot of areas but since we are 98% private land, it costs a lot to get to them.  I guess that would keep it off the list.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Paulmyr

Guess we know where everybody's going hunting next year! :drool:
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Yoder409

I think the only way PA makes #3 is because of the gazillions of acres of public land.

Problem is.......... PA has more turkey hunters than most states have hunters.  PA public land birds are TOUGH.  Now.........if you wanna put the miles on in some pretty crappy, big and steep country......there's places you can probably get away from the crowds.  But you better have young legs, good boots, and pack a lunch.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

aclawrence

I watch Chad Claycomb hunt PA and it looks tough!  He hunts almost everyday it seems like and he hardly ever kills a turkey. And I think he's a pretty good hunter. So I'd be anxious to run to PA but that's all I have to go by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Kansan

A few years ago Kansas would've been among the top of that list. Probably not the case these days.

Cowboy

My top state doesn't make the top 5 here. Back 25 to 30 years ago I'd say Missouri was King but I'm not seeing that at least in the area we all use to hunt. In the 90s, my Uncle owned 80 acres and a cabin there. We always had great hunts and saw lots of turkeys. Even the public land was loaded. He had to sell it 10 or 15 years later due to a divorce so we kinda quit going. I still travel thru there quite regularly but never see any.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

dublelung

Fdept56

They obviously didn't do their research. Chadron would be #1 without the rest of the state.

AndyN

None of the states I hunt make that list so I agree with it 100%. Keep the people who chase hunting reports and youtube videos elsewhere.

Stoeger_bird

Quote from: Fdept56 on April 14, 2022, 08:15:23 AM
They obviously didn't do their research. Chadron would be #1 without the rest of the state.
If u can't kill one in Chardron u can't cluck. Flock in ever canyon.
T.W.D.W.D.