OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ground Blinds Yes or No?

Started by Turkeybutt, April 09, 2022, 07:02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutfisher13111

Hate them with a passion. I feel like the suppress my senses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Terry on April 10, 2022, 04:29:17 PM
Hate them with a passion. I feel like the suppress my senses.

That's why you have the old saying "A blind blinds you."

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Kygobblergetter

I have no issue with people using them but I just can't do it

Gooserbat

Just like anything else.  Hunt how you enjoy it.  I personally don't prefer blinds but I don't like peanut butter either.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Crghss

No for me, need the freedom to move around.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

sswv

they do have their advantages when the temps are in the single digits during whitetail gun season but I'm not a fan during gobbler season

MK M GOBL

Turkeybutt

jhoward11

Bad weather yes...otherwise I'll take run and gun.

Dtrkyman

I bowhunted turkeys from a blind for ten years staright, zero gun hunting.  Boy did it teach me a lot, mainly patience, not wanting to move as much I regularly had birds showing up that I would have normally been long gone!

I only personally killed one bird from a blind with a gun, horrible weather, but have guided countless people from them, they are pure poison for those pesky field birds that strut out in the middle of a 500 acre field!

Do I like hunting from them?  Sure is better than getting soaked or freezing to death in poor weather!

WildTigerTrout

No, blinds are not for me.  I want my back up against a tree and the ability to move quickly if I want to.  Being inside a blind dulls my senses.  It's hard enough for me to hear now without being in a blind.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Old Timer

Bought one 5  years ago. Still have not used it. A friend has a couple, one on each side of his field. I cannot enjoy them. On one hunt a big tom came out following hens he was fanned out. My friend rolled him it was a treat for me to witness that. They do work and the birds don`t seem to mind them.

coonhunter

No. I like to remain fully mobile!!
Joshua 24:15

zelmo1

Yes for kids and inexperienced hunters, teach them as the experience level goes up. All my kids were in a blind first, then worked into being self sufficient enough to get out. All a preference, no wrong on this topic.

High plains drifter

I have used a blind at times, but they are cumbersome,  and slow me down.I want mobility as a priority.