OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What Is Your Fav Turkey Utube To Watch?

Started by quavers59, April 09, 2022, 04:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey46

Quote from: TonyTurk on April 10, 2022, 02:27:46 PM
I like Shane's the best.  I enjoy some of the others too.  I have no interest in watching someone set up camp, cook, go to Walmart to buy a license, goof off, etc.  Just show me the hunt, please.
How can you not like the Wal-Mart scenes where they page the lady from the fabric department to try and figure out the hunting license system.

Sungrazer

Shane Simpson is probably my favorite. Pinhoti, THP, Catman, DIY Sportsman. And Thanks, I forgot about Bayside Legion.
We didn't have Turkeys around here growing up, I'm late to the party. I try to glean any info I can from these channels. I do not watch regular tv, so might as well try to learn something. I'm trying run n gun this year as opposed to blind with decoys and bow, I'll attribute that to Dave/Pinhoti.

Tail Feathers

I don't watch much of it.  I've seen a couple of the Pinhoti Project videos.
I've seen some of the Chasing 49 videos.  His videographer is a real professional.  I've met him, best photography/videography in the business I think. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Archivist13

I remember videoing hunts with my dad and uncle back in the late 80's with our home video recorder that you set on your shoulder. Because of that I respect the difficulty of actually recording a successful turkey hunt. My favorites would be:

Dale Outdoors - A good guy that wears his passion on his sleeve. He may be homeless, but you gotta give him credit for doing what he wants to do.

Pinhoti Project - Most educational. Guy knows what he's doing and puts on a masterclass.

Catman - Make you feel like your there. He's just an average guy that reminds me of a neighbor or friend that you would call up and say "lets go hunting".

THP - Fun, a bit over the top at times, but are very entertaining. The guys definitely know what their doing and they are amazing hunters. They found the perfect combination of hunting/entertainment, BUT they are getting a little too cute nowadays with their antics.

Bayside Legion - Have listened to them on podcasts, but haven't checked their video's out yet. Need to do that.

maineute

I watch videos because I think I can learn something from them, any thing small or insignificant can help me get a bird.

I started and still like Catman and Shane Simpson the most.  THP a close second, then untamed (but I heard they split up, so I dont know what to expect), Dave Owens is good also, I like how when he does his editing he puts the time elapsed between cuts, lets me know I have to be a little more patient.

Once I stop seeing stuff I can learn from I tend to skip on them for a while or watch them when I run out. If they arent hunting public like me I dont even waste my time, it is not the same.

kytrkyhntr

I really enjoyed that first year or two of pinhoti project. And anytime Aaron is hunting for thp I watch it. If it's anyone else I usually don't make time to watch it. I really enjoyed when Dave would hunt all year and put out those long videos all fall where you could see mistakes. Now it's kinda played out for me.
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

The Lung

I don't particularly care for any of them.

I watch Outdoor Oklahoma, a show on PBS that covers a wide range of outdoor topics specifically rated to OK.

I'm convinced there's this one guy on YouTube that ruined a great public spot here. Haven't seen a turkey out there since.
"Dear Lord, may our will be pure and our aim be true. Amen"

Brillo

Shane, Dave, Catman, Dale.  I'm new so I am looking for instruction.  Dave O, got me going on te trumpet.  Never heard about it until him. 

tbowers

Quote from: Tail Feathers on April 10, 2022, 10:31:43 PM
I don't watch much of it.  I've seen a couple of the Pinhoti Project videos.
I've seen some of the Chasing 49 videos.  His videographer is a real professional.  I've met him, best photography/videography in the business I think.

Where do you watch that one? They dont really have anything on YT. Are they a show on Outdoor channel or something?

I did videography/post production for a living for a bunch of years and I havent seen anyone better at it then Greg from THP.

shemp

Hunt quest with scott ellis
Based on how many views he gets on his videos, I'm not surprised nobody has mentioned him yet.  Suggest watching the older ones first...new season seems to primarily be filmed hunts at acreage he is guiding on

Marc

Catman...  Just a guy with some decent woodsman skills sharing the hunt...  Not pimping himself or anything else...  In the field having fun, and it is fun to watch him.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

silent tom

coonhunter

Shane Simpson. He is real life, no holly wood crap!  Nothing staged, just as it is!!
Joshua 24:15

KyHunter2000

Dave Owens is my favorite, I have a bro crush on him. I often dream about smoking a cheap cigar with him at night.

makestomstremble

Pinhoti. Used to watch THP, but not so much anymore. I love seeing the hunts in South Florida, never been and probably will never get to go. Cool landscape.