OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester longbeard xr

Started by Moore, April 08, 2022, 11:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moore

Hi all,
I need a little help to track down this ammo. I have looked at my stores in my area and also went online to the major stores. Could some point me to a place that carry 12 gauge 3in number 5. Is there something going on that I'm not aware of with the ammo that there is no stock?
[

Moore

Thanks, I just picked them up.
[

Wasp

Great ammo.  Unfortunately Winchester can't seem to get their stuff together.  I haven't seen it for sale in NC anywhere but yet cases of buckshot and steel duck loads showing up everywhere.... IN MARCH.  Their product manager is either clueless or didn't get the production time they were needing.  Sadly this is not the first year this has happened.  Again great product, but doesn't matter if you can't get it.

Chief Razor

All I have seen this season is 12ga 3.5" #4's.  But all ammo seems to be hit or miss.

owlhoot

Have seen it at basspro, cabelas, sheells , academy, small and large gun shops. Tons of 5 shot and 4's. 3 and 3 1/2". It don't last long though.
Bass Pro 24.99 3" 5 shot

Dmc1530

husker

I've had a hard time finding the shells where I live in Nebraska.  Recently are seeing #4's and occasionally #5s (all in 12 gauge).   I can shoot 3 1/2" shells in my Mossberg but really like 3" #6's 1 7/8 oz shot.   They are like finding a Unicorn these days. 

Sir-diealot

I have only been seeing it in #5 shot when I am seeing it and my gun does not shoot #5 shot well at all for whatever reason. Also I found my gun likes the slower #6 1050fps over the #6 1200fps both in 3" Magnum. I did see in that site listed above that they have it in #4 shot, first time I have ever seen it in that size.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

jhoward11

I have had better luck at some of the smaller mom/pop gun stores. Picked up 4 boxes...2 at two different stores. This was southern In.

btodd00

I have found #4s several times but I have not see 5's or 6's this year on shelves

Jester87

Has anyone seen any new stock 1050fps magnum? Havent seen any at all this year, in store or online.

deadbuck

If you find the ammo you like, better buy about 10 boxes of it. Price is not ever going back down and it may never be available again.

Old Timer

I have been seeing LB here in NY. Prices are getting up there. I got one box left of #5. Made a 2 shot adjustment yesterday with the 835. Patterns real well with this load. After their gone down the road I`ll probably go back to the old Federal #4 which always patterned well through this 835.

the Ward

Been seeing a lot of the 20 gauge, but not much of the 12. Prices on 20 gauge is about what it
was going for pre-shortage, but the 12 gauge i saw was priced much higher than previously.

Leadchunker

Where have you seen 20 gauge loads for sale