OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Boys first Tom

Started by WNCTracker, April 03, 2022, 09:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishr64

Congratulations to the young man!!

lacire

That's a great story, not a lot of sons today have fathers that'll take the time to teach them about life and how to hunt. Congratulations to you and your son for taking a nice bird.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

g8rvet

Well done to you both! 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

WNCTracker

Quote from: lacire on April 04, 2022, 12:12:07 PM
That's a great story, not a lot of sons today have fathers that'll take the time to teach them about life and how to hunt. Congratulations to you and your son for taking a nice bird.
Wow, thank you. I'm blessed to have two sons and a daughter who all love the "adventure" of hunting. Often, they teach me as much as I teach them in a different way, you just have to listen. I was told to always keep it fun with them when they were really young hunters and it doesn't always have to be a hunt.  I can remember abandoning several hunts to look for cool rocks, arrow heads, old bottles or just stop and build a blind. Let them play with the call and sacrifice the likelihood of killing a turkey.  Just keep it low pressure and teach them at the right moments. It worked. They love hunting and fishing and I win because hopefully when I'm old they'll drag me along with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muzzy61

Congrats to the young turkey slayer!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

RutnNStrutn

I love seeing the youngsters get involved. Just look at that smile!! Congrats to both of you!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

grayfox

Congrats to both of you. Memories like this last a lifetime.

3bailey3

Gooserbat

Well done... He's trying to hold a straight face
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

OJR

Yoteduster

Congrats on a nice gobbler

Hogmister13

That's Awesome, congrats to him

Aaron Johnson

wbyman

Big Congratulations! Mighty proud smile!
"Control your destiny, or someone else will"

zelmo1

Congrats to you both, that smile tells the story  :funnyturkey: