turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Unusual Vest Items

Started by Cutt, April 03, 2022, 02:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

I have a little corner store jack knife with wild turkeys on it,a made in china dull blade that one of my best friends in life(is not a hunter) gave me about 12 years ago, because he knew I was obsessed with turkeys, I'll never use it for anything, It's just a keepsake that I have carried in either my vest,backpack or sling pack on every hunt since he gave it to me.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

OJR

Quote from: Tail Feathers on April 03, 2022, 10:07:11 PM
Georgia Boy I may add a whistle to my vest.  That's a good idea if you are lost.  I haven't been lost, but I could see that happening.

Have one on my duck call lanyard and my turkey vest.

ArMtnHntr

Empty 20 gauge hull from my son's first turkey. 

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on April 03, 2022, 03:02:22 PM
Pack a firecrackers and a air valve remover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remind me to never hunt near you!!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

RutnNStrutn

I carry a roll of Tums. I don't often get indigestion, but having it for hours while you're trying to hunt is not enjoyable. I also carry cough drops just in case.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

lacire

I'll second the cough drops, I also carry gum and brown paper napkins, a lot better than waving white ones around if you nose is running.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Jstocks

Small pruners for cutting small limbs and such. I like to tuck back in the bushes to hide and snip out little shooting lanes.

wchadw

I carry cough drops
Oatmeal cream pies
Pruning shears
Tp
Thermacell
And a snake bite kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marc

I also carry a garbage bag...  As well as a couple gallon zip-lock bags.  I have used those bags for a variety of unexpected uses.

I carry a decent pocket camera with a small (4" total length) wire tripod I can wrap around a small tree-limb so that I can take a picture with my timer.

Usually I carry some hand-wipes...

I wear a diaphragm necklace wallet that is not attached to my vest...  Many, many times I have ditched my vest for quick, silent, short moves to get into a better position, and I will always have a couple calls on my person that are quickly accessible.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

wbyman

Whistle
Granddaddy's old broken compass, just for a little extra luck
"Control your destiny, or someone else will"

Turkeybutt

I take along some type of snack. Jerky or peanut butter crackers
Water bottle
I always have Fisherman's Friend with me. They are extra strong menthol cough suppressant lozenges.
Hand wipes and something to recondition my calls if needed.

bobk

My fathers pocket knife. I always carry it when hunting and fishing.

Sent from my ASUS_A006 using Tapatalk

vt35mag

In VT the only kind of whistle you would find in someones vest is a hippie whistle.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Turkeybutt

I almost forgot my buddy, Cletus! Just an old ( 4"X 3" ) wall magnet I rescued from a flooded out abandoned cabin while on a hunting trip several years ago. Since then, he has always been in my hunting vest for whatever reason.

Timmer

Aside from normal hunting tools I carry paracord.  It has all kinds of uses.   
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!