OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Maintenance?

Started by ssramage, March 30, 2022, 09:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssramage

Recently picked up a couple of tube calls. I've been practicing with them a fair amount and have hunted them a couple of times, but I feel like I'm having to adjust the latex on them quite a bit. Is that normal? What type of maintenance and at what interval are you doing it? How often does the latex have to be replaced? After only a month, I'm already seeing some slight wear.

tal

Depends on the thickness of the latex, tension you have it tuned to, how tight your band or o-ring is around the call, etc. Set up right the call should last the season at least. Once I get mine tuned I cut off all the extra latex around the bottom of the o-ring and never pull on it again.
I use thicker latex than most and have light tension on it. The edge of the latex can 'wrinkle' or look like it shows wear but still play fine and in tune.

M,Yingling

i have had latex stay for more then a season ,, once i get mine set i dont mess with it and normally u get enough saliva on it once that dries its stuck to  the rim of call LOL 
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

barry

I carry 4-5 tubes with me and it's nothing for me to change or adjust the latex on each up to 3 times a season.
Mind you I run tubes 99.9% of the time while hunting