turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

‘Unbelievable’

Started by Ridge, March 20, 2022, 10:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoeger_bird

Ha ha yea he is tool. " Hey look at me I'm just doing this for hunter recruitment bro! Im tryimg to show these new hunters how to do it the right way!  Your just a hater! Jealous!"all these dude do all this crap so they can get likes and views. How much yall want to be he calls me a hater for even writing this. Sad thing is a lot of people on this forum keep him going because " By gosh I want to watch any idiot kill a turkey"
T.W.D.W.D.

Stoeger_bird

Thats hilarious u claiming to do it for a hobby for ur friends,  family and who might be interested! U literally post it on every freaking forum and social media platform. Hell just on Facebook u post to no less than 50 pages. Ur just a spammer that calls anyone who points it out to u a hater.
T.W.D.W.D.

St. Augustine Strutter

Hahaha. Care to address any of the points made in the post regarding celebrating the distance or your hick friend saying he would take the shot again, contrary to your "apologies?" 

Or you just gonna tuck tail?

Quote from: Hogmister13 on March 20, 2022, 07:52:55 PM
Quote from: St. Augustine Strutter on March 20, 2022, 07:00:57 PM
Quit trying to save face, buddy. Your actions are louder than your empty words. The title to the video posted above was clearly celebrating the yardage of the shots. If not, the distances wouldn't have been so prominently displayed.  And your below words are nice and apologetic but I surmise that you truly feel the same way as your buddy does in the YouTube comments section where he bragged about taking the shot and that he would do it again LOL.

Take a lap...

Well there's my other little Buddy lol ... I was waiting for you to chime in...where you been?? I knew it wouldn't be long before I seen you

Quote from: Hogmister13 on March 20, 2022, 06:01:37 PM
I try not to get into replying to trolls or keyboard warriors but Im flattered that I must live rent free in your head man ( The creater of this thread ) You my friend are my #1 hater no doubt and it's comical ...You literally get on everything I post and dissect any negative actions about it lol - I took down the hunt I posted this morning not for you but I seen what impacts it can have on kids. My intent is to post real-life content of what happens with real hunters and show that we make bad judgments just like everybody else. I was okay with the backlash, but after reading some comments, I recognized that it could come across as the wrong message for kids or new hunters. I don't want kids or new hunters thinking they can take 70 yard shots..In actuality, this was a one-time instance where lessons were learned, and I wanted to show that to viewers but it went south. These videos I create are a hobby for me where I can share and save these memories with my friends and family, and share for those that are interested. I don't do it for fame, likes or money.. I just simply enjoy creating and sharing "REAL HUNTING" but I can see where a video like that can have a negative impact ... By all means I try to do it the right way And I'll admit when I'm in the wrong and I admit we was wrong on that hunt. I thought he was less than 60 yards and the triggers were pulled ... I'm sure everybody on here can account for a time they had no business pulling the trigger .... You live and learn

Ridge

Quote from: Hogmister13 on March 20, 2022, 06:01:37 PM
I try not to get into replying to trolls or keyboard warriors but Im flattered that I must live rent free in your head man ( The creater of this thread ) You my friend are my #1 hater no doubt and it's comical ...You literally get on everything I post and dissect any negative actions about it lol - I took down the hunt I posted this morning not for you but I seen what impacts it can have on kids. My intent is to post real-life content of what happens with real hunters and show that we make bad judgments just like everybody else. I was okay with the backlash, but after reading some comments, I recognized that it could come across as the wrong message for kids or new hunters. I don't want kids or new hunters thinking they can take 70 yard shots..In actuality, this was a one-time instance where lessons were learned, and I wanted to show that to viewers but it went south. These videos I create are a hobby for me where I can share and save these memories with my friends and family, and share for those that are interested. I don't do it for fame, likes or money.. I just simply enjoy creating and sharing "REAL HUNTING" but I can see where a video like that can have a negative impact ... By all means I try to do it the right way And I'll admit when I'm in the wrong and I admit we was wrong on that hunt. I thought he was less than 60 yards and the triggers were pulled ... I'm sure everybody on here can account for a time they had no business pulling the trigger .... You live and learn

If me calling you out on your BS makes me a keyboard warrior, then so be it. I rarely post on this forum, but couldn't let such nonsense slide. If you would have bothered to look, you would have seen I have never once posted a single post or reply on anything you have ever posted, so try again. Someone has to stand up for this sport, and I'll gladly be the one to do so. There's a lot of people on this forum who play the game right and respect the wild turkey. You my friend are not one of them. I'll second the thoughts of several other members and recommend you start carrying a range finder. I most certainly agree that mistakes do happen. Thought he was 60 yards? (A point that can be argued in itself). At 60 yards you still got beat, plain and simple. A misjudgment of 18 yards? That's straight up a lie.

TurkeyReaper69

Anything for content! I honestly think it's about time for a TSS ban. Yes, it is far more of an ethical kill when used responsibly. But sadly just like everything else in life it's been taken advantage of. The choke/tss industry don't seem to care. I have seen many pro staffers and whoever else posting kills or patterning pictures at 70+ yards. Yes Justin Hogan is an absolute joke, but this problem doesn't stop with him. Anyone recall the realtree video I think 2 springs ago of the gobbler getting shot at 80 yards while breeding a hen?

mikejd

Not sure who the clown is. probably never will.

Hogmister13

First of all you are entirely wrong about the hunt and need to get your facts straight before making me out to be somebody I'm not. I respect the game and the bird just as much as the next guy passionate turkey Hunter. The first bird I judged to be close to 60 yards which is a very makable  shot for my buddies setup... have you not seen what tss does on paper at 60 yards!!! ... I dont recommend shooting one that far and I admited to the bad judgement but don't call me a tool or a clown... y'all just a bunch of keyboard warriors that ain't got nothing better to do than hate on people lol ...So back to the hunt... my buddy smoked the first bird at 66 steps and the other bird flew up and landed behind it .. you have to realize this is an open field with a small rise in it so that just adds to the difficulty level of judging the yardage.. like I said, everybody has taken an unethical shot before, I'm owning up to our bad judgements but don't call me a clown or tool bag when you don't know me personally....You took a screenshot of a YouTube thumbnail and using that as your judgment toward me... You a liar if you say you have never squeezed off an unethical shot...

Howie g

I asked a man named mr Ken Morgan when I was a young teenager this question.
  I asked him after I'd mistaken how far a couple where . He said this ,,, when you can make out his eyeballs ?
He is close enough . I took this advice ever since . 

g8rvet

At 60 yards, you have not fooled the bird.  Just call it what it is, a harvest and not a hunt.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

mcw3734

Quote from: Big Jeremy on March 20, 2022, 04:43:01 PM
I reached out to him, as I'm sure others did, and spoke civilly. Thankfully he realized that it wasn't a good thing to be promoting, and has taken the video down.

Big Jeremy - I read this and your follow-up post on this thread. Just wanted to publicly compliment you on taking the initiative and handling it how you did. We need more of this kind of civility in our country when addressing difficult, divisive and emotional issues. Thank you for being part of the solution!

Marc

Quote from: Big Jeremy on March 20, 2022, 04:43:01 PM
I reached out to him, as I'm sure others did, and spoke civilly. Thankfully he realized that it wasn't a good thing to be promoting, and has taken the video down.
My advice to others here would have been to dislike the video, and put a tactful comment advocating against such "antics."

But yeah...  These guys as (supposed) experienced hunters did not misjudge those shots...  No experienced ethical hunter makes the mistake of thinking a 67, much less 78 yard bird is in range.  They "thought they might get them" and "gave it try."

I give them credit for taking the video down, but the only reason it is down, is likely due to a considerably amount of criticism.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

bowbird87

Quote from: TurkeyReaper69 on March 20, 2022, 09:05:51 PM
Anything for content! I honestly think it's about time for a TSS ban. Yes, it is far more of an ethical kill when used responsibly. But sadly just like everything else in life it's been taken advantage of. The choke/tss industry don't seem to care. I have seen many pro staffers and whoever else posting kills or patterning pictures at 70+ yards. Yes Justin Hogan is an absolute joke, but this problem doesn't stop with him. Anyone recall the realtree video I think 2 springs ago of the gobbler getting shot at 80 yards while breeding a hen?

Banning TSS for people taking unethical shots? What an idiot! You don't think people take 60-70 yard shots every year with lead? Hell let's ban guns for murders, pencils for misspelled words, cars for drunk drivers. It ain't the pellets it's the people.

Stoeger_bird

Told yall he would call anyone who speaks against him haters lol.
T.W.D.W.D.

Hogmister13

Like I said I own up to my mistakes.. let's hear yours or do you even have big enough under carriage to admit it???  Calling someone a tool or clown and consistently bashing them over something like this is considered a hater... what else would I call you?

Stoeger_bird

Quote from: bowbird87 on March 20, 2022, 09:58:48 PM
Quote from: TurkeyReaper69 on March 20, 2022, 09:05:51 PM

Banning TSS for people taking unethical shots? What an idiot! You don't think people take 60-70 yard shots every year with lead? Hell let's ban guns for murders, pencils for misspelled words, cars for drunk drivers. It ain't the pellets it's the people.
Thing is the breast mostly likely is going to stop a lead pellet at 60 to 70. These dude shooting birds that far with tss and thinking they miss because they run off isn't true. Most of the times they actually hit the bird and tss WILL penetrate into the vitals at that range. A lot of these "misses" at distance end up with birds flying or running just to die later.
T.W.D.W.D.