OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Red Dot Sight / Batteries

Started by Greg Massey, March 04, 2022, 10:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btomlin

I put a new battery in every spring and remove after season.  I have a spare in my gun case but have shot without it turned on just in case. 

SM

njdevilsb

I just started using a red dot last year. 

After reading this thread, I'm going to put a brand new battery in before the season starts.  I have practiced aligning two points on my sight and gun as a fail safe in case the sight didn't turn on for whatever reason and it worked pretty well, but I think it's a safer bet just to change out the battery anyway.

Greg Massey

After reading all the posts , i have learned a couple of things , remove the batteries after season and replace with new ones. I only had one red dot for years and it was a Bushnell TRS25 and i bet the battery is at least 10 plus years old , lucky it had not leaked or caused a problem, the battery has been removed for now.. This pass few months i have bought 1 Burris FF3 red dot and 2 Swampfox green circle dot's .. after sighting in 2 of these last week, the Swampfox Kingslayer green circle dot is my favorite. But in all fairness i like my Nikon turkey pro and Simmons pro diamond low power scopes better than these red dot's ... IMO.. but we will see i'm going to give these red dot's a try this season.

wchadw

Trijicon makes a "dual illumination" rmr (fiber optic/tritium) that doesn't require batteries. Not the cheapest option but you don't have to worry about batteries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk