OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Forum input time guys !

Started by Old Gobbler, February 19, 2022, 04:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

It's kind of hard to find a different forum with all those old contest and unused forums listed on there.  Anyway to gray them out or something?
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Old Gobbler

I'll look into the each suggestion this week , thank you !

The picture hosting, we are looking into that very soon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

St. Augustine Strutter

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 19, 2022, 04:35:01 PM
Looking for suggestions and input for creating more forum areas --Let me know ! 

Thanks Shannon

First off, great idea asking members for suggestions.  Thank you very much for that.

My suggestion would be to add a "YouTube" or "social media" section where guys who want to promote their YouTube channels can post. As you know, it is a touchy subject and it would allow people who dislike the ever present social media aspect to avoid that type of material. It would also provide a dedicated page to people who enjoy following/praising their social media heroes.

If members post their social media content in the general forum trying to garner views , it would be moved to the "social media" section where it belongs. People with an appetite for that type of thing would have a dedicated page to search for such content.

Greg Massey

I would like to see dedicated area, that's  only related to HOW TO HUNT THESE BIRD's and challenges you have faced while doing so etc.. Strategy, techniques and setup's. Old school hunting forum..

fallhnt

Post up your hotspot section.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

tracker#1

O/U and side by side section added... and perhaps 50 state map, spring and fall season future dates? for the traveling turkey hunter...

ferocious calls

2nd the trapping or predation control forum.

the Ward

Quote from: Tom007 on February 19, 2022, 04:48:20 PM
We see some requests/advice on Turkey Outfitter/Guided hunts. What do you think about an Outfitter Section where we all can have a trusted list of proven outfitters? Members can access this, ask questions and overall share the resource with those looking to travel around to hunt different states and different species. Just a thought

We ALL appreciate what you have done for us!

Be safe....
This would be great, but maybe include species other than turkey also. And an easier way to post pictures would be awesome!Maybe bring back the States' Bingo for some of the contests too?That was fun! Thanks Shannon!

the Ward

Quote from: fallhnt on February 20, 2022, 04:31:17 AM
Post up your hotspot section.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: That is an awesome suggestion!

West Augusta

Shannon,
Just keep it going.  A lot of us don't like Facebook and prefer forums.  I've met most of my best friends in turkey hunting forums.  And thanks.  I know it is a lot of work keeping it up and running and moderating these forums.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

DirtNap647

Would like to see when you visit a topic then revisit it take you to your last read post

Paulmyr

Quote from: DirtNap647 on February 20, 2022, 09:47:48 AM
Would like to see when you visit a topic then revisit it take you to your last read post

Click the "New" tab next to the title of the post and it will take you to where you left off in the thread.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

ol bob

Only thing I would like to see changed fix it to where you could post pictures from your computer without going through some other site, make it easier for us old farts.

captpete

Thanks Shannon for running a great place and giving a chance to give suggestions!!!  Lots of good ideas. I would also like to see an Outfitter section and a maximum photo size...both great suggestions.

timberjack86