turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fishing with the kids

Started by hobbes, June 05, 2011, 11:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobbes

We took the kids to Turquoise Lake yesterday for an evening fishing trip and to roast hot dogs over a fire.  Heather stayed warm around the fire and the kids fished after hot dogs.  The ice just melted off this lake during the week, so the fish are hungry.  The lake isn't noted for lots of big fish, but it is possible.

Isaac caught six or seven with a bright orange spoon looking lure.  Olivia and Boyd started with Powerbait, but the fish weren't interested, so I tied a lure on for Boyd and he caught his four on his own after a little coaching.  Olivia caught three using Isaac's set up, but we had to cast and let her reel.

I believe we'll be headed back out after church today since they had so much fun yesterday.

These photos are as much scenery photos as fish photos

Boyd's first fish using a lure instead of bait.

Sunset across the lake

Olivia's first hook up.  I thought she had hooked into a big striper below Kentucky Dam the way she leaned back.  LOL  She lost the fish pretty quick when Isaac told her not to do it that way and she let teh rod down.

Heather keeping warm at the fire.

Olivia's first fish of her three

a-j calls

Amazing photo's, your blessed to live in that part of the country.

TRKYHTR

Great day with the family Hobbes. I love Colorado.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

doepee

Great pics of the family outing.. not to bad a fishing either... that scenery is truly some of gods country, wish I had that here in central Illinois all we got is flatland of corn and soybean fields :-\

OLE RASPY

vaturkey

hobbes

Beautiful pics ! Looks like some great quality time with your fine looking family. Hope some day to go to Colorado to turkey hunt. Enjoy those fish. Were they rainbow trout ?

vaturkey    :newmascot:
Vaturkey

barry

Beautiful country indeed!
I was in Steamboat Springs once years ago and got to do a little fishing.
Are you anywhere near that?

strutnva

cool pics, makes me want to go

hobbes

The fish were about half and half rainbow and cutthroat trout.  The cutthroat were a little bigger than the rainbows and their meat is quite a bit more orange than the bows.

Barry, we are south of Steamboat 3 hrs or so in Leadville.

kdog

looks like the fish were hungry and that the kids had a great time! Love to see fishing pics with the kids involved,,doesnt get any better than that.Great pics and thanks for shareing!

Kdog

M,Yingling

Nice pics ,,looks like u had good time  :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

gob09

great pics and good looking kids love the mountains
kaitlyn and i have been goin to a pond on public land in the evenings and catchin a few small mouth gotta love fishin with the kids

harvester

great pics and looks like an awesome time. can'b believe you still got snow. Great lookn bunch of kids

flintlock

Wow, that is some GREAT TIMES right there!  I applaud you getting them out there!   Beautiful!

Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

chatterbox

Great pics and a great story, Hobbes!
Thank you for sharing those with us!