OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mount for Fast Fire 3

Started by gotitbad, February 11, 2022, 09:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Dominion Tom

Sumtoy looks like the way to go if your receiver is drilled and tapped and your gun is a dedicated turkey thumper.

Lunghit asked:  "Is there a rib mount with a protective base available on the market?"

I've not seen one with protective features, but I do have a Meadows Creek rib mount on my 20 ga. 870.  It is a solid mount and has held zero for the couple of years I've had it.  What I do like about the rib mount is that I can interchange barrels on my gun without significantly altering zero.  I can slap a 26" ribbed field barrel on the gun for dove season, switch to a canteliver scope mount rifled slug barrel for deer hunting in slug only zones, and then can switch over to the 20" ribbed barrel with Meadows Creek mount and Burris FF3 for turkey season.  By going rib mount you can keep a very versatile outfit with out having to constantly re-zero your gun between barrel changes.  All I do is take a shot or two after a barrel swap to verify my slug or turkey loads are still on target.

lunghit

Old Tom I have the Meadow Creek on my SX3 now and I love it. Very very solid and I have no reason to change. If Meadow Creek made two protective fins on the side of the mount I think they'd sell a ton. I'm not nervous about the mount moving I'm nervous about the actual sight taking an impact after a fall. I love the field of view that the rib mount red dot offers also.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

SumToy

we can machine our protector to fit a rib.    Now I feel the ONLY time one needs to be on the rib is on a O/U.   Then it needs to be back.   Your eyes will play game with them way out.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

blazer29

Quote from: SumToy on February 11, 2022, 12:52:46 PM
We have a low pro mount that fits to the contour of the gun.   One of the lowest on the market.
I'd go this route! This is what we have on all our turkey guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk