OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wingbones

Started by cassga, February 08, 2022, 01:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cassga

I started messing around with some wingbones I had saved in the freezer. A little trial and error but I think they turned out better than expected. I plan on bring a few of these to Nashville this year and see if I can do any trading. Already looking forward to collecting more to build for next year.

cassga

Muzzy61

Great job, those look sweet.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

packmule

Those pass the eye test for sure.

Kygobblergetter

They look good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sbbow

Very nice!

Gawhitaker

EZ

Quote from: cassga on February 08, 2022, 01:00:18 PM
I started messing around with some wingbones I had saved in the freezer. A little trial and error but I think they turned out better than expected. I plan on bring a few of these to Nashville this year and see if I can do any trading. Already looking forward to collecting more to build for next year.

You just started messing around???? LOL.
Darn fine looking work for just messing around. Can't wait to see what you come up with when you're serious!

cassga

Quote from: EZ on February 09, 2022, 08:51:24 AM
Quote from: cassga on February 08, 2022, 01:00:18 PM

You just started messing around???? LOL.
Darn fine looking work for just messing around. Can't wait to see what you come up with when you're serious!

Thanks! I made my first few last year, but this year i built a rig to spin the calls and started sealing with epoxy, which as a game changer. Next i want to try and incorporate some feathers into the finish. Any tips or constructive criticism is always welcome.

Chris O

Those are looking good nice job

silverspur

Those like mighty fine to me!
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

waymoe1

Those look great! I made my first one's this year. How do you get the smooth glass look to them? All of the materials I used just soaked into my string. They turned out ok but dont have that smooth slick look like that.

SwampRooster17

Great job!

cassga

Quote from: waymoe1 on February 17, 2022, 01:27:36 PM
Those look great! I made my first one's this year. How do you get the smooth glass look to them? All of the materials I used just soaked into my string. They turned out ok but dont have that smooth slick look like that.

Its a 2-part epoxy, like whats used in building fishing rods.

waymoe1

Thank you I really appreciate the information.