News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SG or Browning Turkey Chair?

Started by AppalachianHollers, February 04, 2022, 11:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wchadw

Quote from: Neill_Prater on February 09, 2022, 10:27:18 PM
Absolutely don't understand why Alps doesn't produce their Rendezvous and Rendezvous Elite in camo. Four pounds 11 ounces as opposed to 7 pounds or more for virtually all other loungers. I would buy one in a heartbeat.

I actually sent an email to their customer service department last year saying the same thing, which they promised to pass along. Maybe if enough other turkey hunters did the same?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
X2. I bought the apricot color and spray painted it brown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squidd

Browning going on six seasons of turkey, duck and other sittings

Sir-diealot

Just a quick thought for you, the Browning Strutter Chair does not give the overall seat dimensions, just a set of dimensions, I would look into that before I would buy that one. If those are the seating area dimensions I would go for that one myself, those 2 inches extra in width and height can make a difference in comfort.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

OJR

Quote from: Tom007 on February 04, 2022, 11:07:07 AM
I have the Browning strutter. Solid chair, very stable. I use it for Turkey and duck hunting. Quality product.

My sentiments exactly! Browning/ALPS chair is the best in my opinion.

AppalachianHollers

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 10, 2022, 09:13:59 AM
Just a quick thought for you, the Browning Strutter Chair does not give the overall seat dimensions, just a set of dimensions, I would look into that before I would buy that one. If those are the seating area dimensions I would go for that one myself, those 2 inches extra in width and height can make a difference in comfort.
Seems that extra couple inches costs you another 6 oz. But maybe worth it

TScottW99

I've been using the Browning for a couple of years. Super comfortable and my back loves it. It's a pain to carry through the mountains though.
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Sir-diealot

Quote from: AppalachianHollers on February 10, 2022, 04:31:46 PM

I must be missing something in the descriptions, both say they weigh 7lbs.
http://prntscr.com/26trszr
http://prntscr.com/26trtxp
Either way no good if not comfortable, just something I always look at because of my injuries. Best of luck this season.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

AppalachianHollers

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 11, 2022, 08:45:05 AM

Either way no good if not comfortable, just something I always look at because of my injuries. Best of luck this season.

It's actually a full pound and a half heavier for the "wide" model.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: AppalachianHollers on February 11, 2022, 08:47:33 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 11, 2022, 08:45:05 AM

It's actually a full pound and a half heavier for the "wide" model.

Ah okay, never saw a link to a wide model, I was quoting the ones posted at the top. (Don't see a link in the other comments either) That is indeed even bigger than the ones I was showing that were linked at the top.

John Koenig:

Tom007

The important thing on all these chairs is the strength of the aluminum. I have the Browning, the aluminum is very solid, seems thick. I've sat on some rough terrain, not one bend, or problem. The extra weight while being a factor, could relate to a more solid frame. I can't speak about the others, but the Browning will hold its own and last a long time. Great product....

AppalachianHollers

I'm surprised either one weighs about as much as a rifle. But I guess that's why they last.

Tom007

Quote from: AppalachianHollers on February 12, 2022, 08:07:24 AM
I'm surprised either one weighs about as much as a rifle. But I guess that's why they last.

Good point.

wchadw

Quote from: AppalachianHollers on February 12, 2022, 08:07:24 AM

The aluminum frame one is around 4 pounds. It's a lot lighter. I have both. The lighter aluminum only only comes in two colors that are not best for hunting. I got one and spray painted and fashioned a carry strap. Much better than the "vanish" camo for carry

mspaci

I wore out a browning, the larger one in about 6/7 years. Bought the smaller one this time, a little lighter & just as comfy. Really like them, Mike

Which Gun

My browning chair came in. I'm very happy with it. Sitting in it in the living room floor chair is very comfortable. I do see a nap or two in my future. I'll tote the weight to be comfortable on my long sits.