turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Marshall dillon

Started by gobbler74, June 04, 2011, 03:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler74

James arness passed away. You guy guys ever watch gunsmoke?  Some good tv right there.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

guesswho

Lot of good tv back then, even with only two to three channels.  Now with 150 channels there's nothing hardly worth watching.  

I always enjoyed me a good episode of Gunsmoke.  RIP Marshal Matt Dillon.  If heaven needed a lawman they got a good'un.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Ol'Mossy

Quote from: gobbler74 on June 04, 2011, 03:59:51 PM
James arness passed away. You guy guys ever watch gunsmoke?  Some good tv right there.

I still watch it on the Western Channel every evening at 7PM

RIP James Arness aka Matt Dillon

Jay

He was perfect in the roll as a marshall. I missed very few episodes. Only thing I found irritating was he didn't jump on Miss Kitty. Just what was with that?  ::)

doepee

Quote from: Jay on June 04, 2011, 06:57:24 PM
He was perfect in the roll as a marshall. I missed very few episodes. Only thing I found irritating was he didn't jump on Miss Kitty. Just what was with that?  ::)
:TooFunny: :TooFunny:   I always wondered about that to Jay maybe it was Chester in the earlier days and then maybe Festus :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Jay

Quote from: doepee on June 04, 2011, 07:08:30 PM
Quote from: Jay on June 04, 2011, 06:57:24 PM
He was perfect in the roll as a marshall. I missed very few episodes. Only thing I found irritating was he didn't jump on Miss Kitty. Just what was with that?  ::)
:TooFunny: :TooFunny:   I always wondered about that to Jay maybe it was Chet in the earlier days and then maybe Festus :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
I wondered about Festus. I wondered how he kept his job :-\

surehuntsalot

sure hated to hear about James
may he rest in peace
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

The Cohutta Strutter

Quote from: guesswho on June 04, 2011, 04:23:40 PM
Lot of good tv back then, even with only two to three channels.  Now with 150 channels there's nothing hardly worth watching.  

I always enjoyed me a good episode of Gunsmoke.  RIP Marshal Matt Dillon.  If heaven needed a lawman they got a good'un.
X2, RIP Marshal Dillon.
Anybody seen America lately?

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

mnturkey

His show was great, and Miss Kitty was hot.
My dad and mom went to school with him and his brother.
SEMPER FI

strutnva

now that was quality tv

loner

from may-sept when it is too hot to do much out of the house for us retirees and nothing to hunt,i watch gunsmoke around noon.however,i rarely find one that i haven't seen but still watch it.i love the old westerns and catch as many as i can.great series for many years.
just an ole' retired man that still believes in values,and common courtesy.

turkey slayer

I hate to hear that!! :jesus-cross: I loved gunsmoke!

davisd9

My dad bought a couple of tapes with the Gunsmoke episodes on it and I would watch them over and over.  When I go home on lunch sometimes during the week it is on at noon at TV Land and I watch it.  I always like Chester better than Festus, but Mr. Arness always made a great show.  I hated to hear about his death and could not believe the show ran for 20 years, even tho I know how it did. 
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer