OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Trumpets Caring for them

Started by Greg Massey, January 29, 2022, 04:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

How do y'all take care of your trumpets ? Do you clean the mouth piece with pipe cleaners and do you use any kind of polish for the outside of them?

gergg

I just dip my MP into some alcohol(without lipstop) a few times during the season. Never really worry about the barrel, but could certainly wax it once in a while. I do keep my wood calls in a humidity controlled room, but only because I have it set up already to store guitar/violin wood.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

paboxcall

Pipe cleaner with isopropyl alcohol through the mouth piece few times per season and end of season.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

outdoors

I don't let anyone but me suck on my mouth peice. Just hang it up  ......  when I'm done
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

crow

Renaissance wax on outside

even before covid, a new to me trumpet or one somebody used, I spray alcohol thru it

Gobbler428

Alcohol through the mouth piece with a pipe cleaner, not the lip stop and Renaissance wax on the barrel.

davisd9

Who do y'all buy trumpets from to need to run alcohol through them? Lol.

I just wax them with Renaissance Wax on them here and there.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

wchadw

Quote from: Gobbler428 on January 29, 2022, 07:34:07 PM
Alcohol through the mouth piece with a pipe cleaner, not the lip stop and Renaissance wax on the barrel.
I do this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobbler428

Well,davisd9, you never know where that mouth piece might have been before you got it, no matter who you got it from. LOL

davisd9

Quote from: Gobbler428 on January 29, 2022, 09:22:49 PM
Well,davisd9, you never know where that mouth piece might have been before you got it, no matter who you got it from. LOL

I only buy from who I trust so I have no concerns. Even so, it has been in a package for at least 3 days so most germs will be dead by the time it gets to me. If not, well I have yet to catch Covid and I work in school settings.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

crow

This is true,
It's appalling what some people will do to a trumpet trying to get rasp out of it

paboxcall

Quote from: crow on January 29, 2022, 09:39:51 PM

This is true,
It's appalling what some people will do to a trumpet trying to get rasp out of it

Thanks for that picture Crow.

:z-dizzy:
:puke:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

davisd9

This is true,

Guess I do not know what you are talking about as I do not deal with those types of people.

crow

Quote from: davisd9 on January 29, 2022, 09:55:06 PM

This is true,

Guess I do not know what you are talking about as I do not deal with those types of people.

:TooFunny:, Haven't you ever watched any of those hidden video camera shows, you would never eat in a restaurant again

crow

In all seriousness there was a thread or a post on a thread a couple years ago about mold with some kind of mold hairs inside of a trumpet