OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone know this callmaker

Started by ChesterCopperpot, January 22, 2022, 08:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterCopperpot

A buddy of mine, a German knifemaker, always goes down to Arkansas for the Big Buck Classic. Most years he sends me the same picture of a booth that belongs to a buddy of his who's a callmaker. Wondered if anyone's ever run any Yellow Yelpers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eggshell

Now you guys in Arkansas know where all your birds went

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: eggshell on January 22, 2022, 08:50:02 AM
Now you guys in Arkansas know where all your birds went
He probably killed all them in Mississippi the way them Mississippi boys talk about Arkansas boys That's definitely a string of hooks!

Greg Massey

Those could be Ebay purchased ... omg

WV Flopper

That's a pile of spurs!

Somebody count those, can't be me, I cant count that high.

WV Flopper

Looked them up a little. Guys name is Bobby Bridges, at the show in 2018 he did an interview and said he had "killed 454 gobblers, and wanted to kill 46 more".

I like his attitude.

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: WV Flopper on January 22, 2022, 11:08:28 AM
Looked them up a little. Guys name is Bobby Bridges, at the show in 2018 he did an interview and said he had "killed 454 gobblers, and wanted to kill 46 more".

I like his attitude.
That's him and he's a good buddy of my friend Willy Heibl. Willy assures me he's killed hell out of them, obviously hunting back before many limits were enforced and travel hunting before it was popular. That's a pile of birds.

MO_HUNTER

Mr Bobby!

Met him at the Classic several years ago. Only got to listen to his stories for a little bit though. I can assure you, he is a fine gentleman...as fine as they come! I bought my mouth calls from him, and it's all I used for years. I inquired about him a couple days ago and news was good, he is still kicking. I'd love to have a week with him to listen to his stories.

eggshell

Quote from: WV Flopper on January 22, 2022, 11:08:28 AM

I like his attitude.

That is a pretty big number. I am impressed he kept count and all those spurs. Heck, I gave up counting and saving parts at least 15 years ago. I couldn't even tell you a number, but I am sure it's way below 454. Certainly he traveled a lot, if he didn't well I'll stop there.....

Which Gun

I don't have 454 turkey loads saved up. A lot of traveling must have been done some of that on a tricycle. LOL

WV Flopper

I believe at the 2018 interview he was 78, so if started hunting turkey at 16 that would be 62 years of turkey hunting. @62 years of hunting and taking 454 turkeys its a 7.32 yearly average for time period. That is a very good average over that course of time.

I couldn't tell you how many I have ran into over the years, but it surely is NOT 454 or 354 for that mater. I can remember the first 6 years I hunted and have written down the last 8 or so. SO there are 20 years there that are blurry.

I wish I would have written things like this down, fishing, hunting, trapping, a lot of good information you would have if you would write this stuff down. Young sportsmen's, take notice, it will be beneficial to you later if you write things down. You will learn a lot from your own experiences in the outdoors. Just a few things: weather, temperature, humidity, pressure, water conditions, sportsmen's pressure, location, date, baits used, calls used. Sounds like a lot, but its not. And, if your a outlaw it will help out the DNR with what you wrote down as well! 

Gooserbat

I met him years ago.  Very nice guy.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

aclawrence

The more of y'all that are able to meet the guys and record their stories do it!  We need to hear more stories from the Old Pro Turkey hunters.

Wigsplitter

He is popular in our Arkansas neck of the woods!! Great guy and obviously a killer!! Your right we need those stories recorded!

Roost 1

He's been around a long time... fine guy to talk too.... His calls are good as well.
He was killing turkey before it was cool!!