OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Very interesting read

Started by Gentry, December 20, 2021, 01:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dzsmith

you can take a picture of what you kill without using it as weapon. influncers have created a weapon. the end.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Spladle160

The article needs to be extrapolated a step further. Why are we limiting this to just hunting? It's the same with food, beauty, housing etc. You should be proud of your accomplishments but showing them off to strangers is likely more about bragging than pride.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

OJR

His dislike is directed to those who have become "influencers". Those, like his brother, whom I like watching, have weaponized social media, YouTube, and hunting shows in general, to make tons of money telling nabobs, "You too can be a successful outdoorsman if you just watch me and buy my stuff." Not the guy who occasionally posts a photo on this Facebook page that goes out to only his friends. I admit, I post photos of me and my family enjoying the outdoors, fishing, hunting, boating, etc. But I have the privacy set to "Friends" only. It's like a private postcard. A way to keep up with my friends who I don't get to see often. I enjoy seeing the posts of my buddies with their catch, kill etc. Used correctly, social media can be great. But there are too many who do it for the money and the consequences be damned.

arkrem870

Look at season structures geared toward restricting public land hunting in the south......Oklahoma and Kansas limits slashed. Look at lack of leftover tags and # of tag application in the Midwest and north.

I hope they are enjoying their little bit of money they made and perceived fame because the cost to displaced local public land hunters is priceless.

Loose lips sinks ships. Didn't their daddies tell them ......
LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS

FL-Boss

He hit on the main issue here... less land each year + more hunters than ever = more limited opportunity each year.  It comes from all sides. Even the many hunters that have had private access for years are losing their access due to bigger money $ stepping in and leasing or buying it.  This pushes even more hunters each year to Public.

This issue will just continue to get worse each year. I feel bad for the younger hunters,  Public turkey hunting is so pressured it's more like a dove shoot sometimes in most public land, especially Fla.  Maybe they will just be hunting in the Medaverse in the future...who knows..