turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

ITS BEEN A "SNAKEY" SPRING!!

Started by catdaddy, June 01, 2011, 03:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catdaddy

It has been an unusally "snakey" spring for me.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,8220.0.html

As some of you may know, my beloved cabin got over a foot of water in it during the epic Mississippi River spring flood. As a result, I have been spending some time working on my cabin which resides on the first spot of ground that was exposed when the river went down. As it turns out, the moccasins knew it was the first spot of exposed ground too.

I killed this one on Saturday at the waters edge behind the cabin with a long-tom single shot 12 gauge. I really couldn't tell what kind of snake he was since I shot his head off.

I killed this snake the next day on the MS side of the river just over the levee. Our camp caretaker "Dean" shot at this snake six times with a 9mm and missed. I picked up a stick and the snake coiled up and struck at me and missed. Dean was a little panicky and hollered "Get a bigger stick man—that one is not near big enough!!!"  Turns out it was just right.

The snake I killed with the stick. He was one mean cotton mouth.

I killed this one avout an hour later with the long tom 12 gauge by the tree on the back edge of the cabin. He was acting like he wanted to come on up and see what we were doing. Check out the tongue on this snake and the slight twist in his torso—he was mostly dead at this juncture.

honker22

That's one of the biggest copperheads i've ever seen, unless it's an illusion
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

mossy835

That is why I live in Western WA. No darned poisonous snakes here!!! Need some snake shells to finish the clean up?

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

stinkpickle

savduck

"Mocassin Commander" i saw a bunch this year too....mostly racers. One mocassin.

Reminds me of a duck commander video where they had all the snakes in their duck blind. Had to call the exterminator to come get them all.
Georgia Boy

LX_Trkyhntr

Quote from: CASH on June 01, 2011, 04:30:33 PM
Mostly dead?   :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

That reminds me of the "mostly dead" copperhead that catdaddy carried across the yard last year!
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

WyoHunter

Good luck on cleaning out those snakes!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

ElkTurkMan

That's the biggest copperhead I've ever seen as well.  I only saw one snake all spring, a banded water snake.  I'm sure I'll get my pay back and see plenty during bow season.  I've been in GA 22 years, and that's smething I still am not to crazy about, but there a fact of life and you just have to keep your eyes peeled.

OLE RASPY

Stoner

surehuntsalot

the only good snake is a very dead snake
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

vaturkey

Tom

All of those SNAKES deserve your famous Catdaddy fistpump !

Please kill them all !   

Ricky   :newmascot:

Vaturkey

Old Gobbler

Good Job !!!!Nobody likes snakes shoot em' all

Snakes have many uses , you can put em' in a box and leave em at the door of a local drug dealer  , or at least throw em in the window of their  cars in the middle of the night -   :wav:
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

turkey slayer