OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Has anyone ever heard of this Call maker

Started by bcuda, July 06, 2021, 06:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcuda

Just wondering if anyone here has one of these or heard of this call maker.

The guys name is Frank Kochenderfer .
He only makes long box calls in 4 different woods and they all
have an aluminum paddle on them that is cammo on the top of the paddle.
I listened to some of his box calls and they sound pretty good.
Just wondering if anyone has any input on his calls.

Greg Massey

Quote from: bcuda on July 06, 2021, 06:56:16 PM
Just wondering if anyone here has one of these or hears of this call maker.

The guys name is Frank Kochenderfer .
He only makes long box calls in 4 different woods and they all
have an aluminum paddle on them that is cammo on the top of the paddle.
I listened to some of his box calls and they sound pretty good.
Just wondering if anyone has any input on his calls.
Yes, but check out Roger Parks on facebook , he makes one even better with camo aluminum lid ...

Ctrize

Can't give any back ground but I have one and think it sounds great.

El Pavo Grande

These calls are great.  They produce the awesome break over from high pitch to rasp on the end.  It's not just a long distance call that many think of with long boxes.  You can call soft on it too. No chalk required with the aluminum lid.  The owners of the company I work for are turkey hunters and many of our customers are, so for the last few years we will search and find calls to give as gifts.  My turkey hunting buddy and co-worker has a great ear for calls, had me check this one out.  I contacted Frank and ordered an initial 20 of them.   We received them and spent some time calling on them before sending out.  Each is a little different, but once you find the sweet spot, I'd challenge any call out there to sound any more like a turkey.  We sent out to some within the company and customers.  The feedback has been great, with several turkeys killed this spring using them.   I replaced my short box with this call.  We ordered several after the initial order because we were impressed.  Frank was very responsive, provided prompt service, and I would very highly recommend these calls.   

rifleman

I hope Frank's calls are all that they seem to be.  I ordered a butternut call just last night.  Anxiously awaiting arrival.

Yoder409

I've listened to a couple sound files of him playing his own calls.  Pretty darned good sound !!!  The inflection is probably the best I've ever heard from a box.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

bcuda

I ordered two calls from Frank , a butternut and cherry.
They are super easy to run and seem to be able to do more with it than any short box I have.
I really like how easy it is with all the different turkey sounds you can get out of it.
Very happy

jed clampett

I have 3 of Frank's longboxes and like each one

Here turkey turkey turkey

To disarm the people...Is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason, referencing advice given to the British Parliament by Pennsylvania governor Sir William Keith, The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adooption of the Federal Constitution, June 14, 1788

Greg Massey

Quote from: Here turkey turkey turkey on July 24, 2021, 12:09:17 PM
Where is a sound file?
If you do Facebook , look him up, he has all kinds of sound files ...

mtns2hunt

Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Here turkey turkey turkey

Quote from: Greg Massey on July 24, 2021, 12:28:42 PM
Where is a sound file?

Thanks, Frank's turkey call is what's coming up. Is that right? Man, those long boxes sound so good, so real. Take my MONEY....
To disarm the people...Is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason, referencing advice given to the British Parliament by Pennsylvania governor Sir William Keith, The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adooption of the Federal Constitution, June 14, 1788

Greg Massey

Quote from: Here turkey turkey turkey on July 25, 2021, 12:02:04 AM
Where is a sound file?

Thanks, Frank's turkey call is what's coming up. Is that right? Man, those long boxes sound so good, so real. Take my MONEY....
Before buying , you need to look up Roger Parks on Facebook, he makes one also with the Aluminum lid, it's awesome... See People don't realize those Aluminum lids have a bend radius to the rails and you want to keep the box chalked good, you don't want a buildup of black from the aluminum to your wood rails etc.. Roger also is the one who has awesome gobbler pot and key disc.. Yes it's Franks Turkey Calls ...

PALongspur

Quote from: Greg Massey on July 25, 2021, 11:21:58 AM
Where is a sound file?

Before buying , you need to look up Roger Parks on Facebook, he makes one also with the Aluminum lid, it's awesome... See People don't realize those Aluminum lids have a bend radius to the rails and you want to keep the box chalked good, you don't want a buildup of black from the aluminum to your wood rails etc.. Roger also is the one who has awesome gobbler pot and key disc.. Yes it's Franks Turkey Calls ...

I may be incorrect but I think Roger actually makes the lids for Frank's calls.

Greg Massey

Quote from: PALongspur on July 27, 2021, 09:21:50 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on July 25, 2021, 11:21:58 AM
Where is a sound file?

I may be incorrect but I think Roger actually makes the lids for Frank's calls.
YES.. He did...