OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Have You Been Relegated To Guide/Caller For Close Friends?

Started by quavers59, July 23, 2021, 09:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howie g

When I was younger I would " pimp" myself out a lot . Nowadays I'm very selective on who I'll go with

jhoward11

I enjoy helping someone else get their bird. Especially if it's the first or second time they have gone. I remember that feeling I had when I got my first 2/3 birds. I'll find time to go, because honestly, I enjoy the hunt more than I do the kill. Don't get me wrong...I long as I bag one now and then I'm good. To think I had some small part of their excitement is an awesome feeling. Only 8-9 months to go...unless you fall hunt.

3bailey3

i have been asked by some deer hunters and i said after the first week we will go, they have lost any interest by then..

MK M GOBL

I'll put a lot of birds before mine (tag), but I'll still squeeze the trigger on them :)

So for how/where I hunt our "Learn to Hunt" and Youth Hunts happen before our regular season opener. So they are always first, then I have a Charity Hunt that gets priority. From there we are on a lottery system and just ends up to when I draw a tag, if I draw late other go first, of if same season we are together and then comes down to shot opportunity. It all goes by the year and how tags run. If I travel out of state it's all on first opportunity.

Another for me is when a birds beats us, then he's on my "List", I'll take whoever I'm with to another spot and see about another hunt, but then I'm after that other bird, it's that challenge that I go for.

My tag goes on about 1/3 of the birds in a given year.

MK M GOBL