OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: SD Outfitters?  (Read 1856 times)

Offline 762hunter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
SD Outfitters?
« on: July 12, 2021, 11:52:35 AM »
Figured this was the place to ask.

Who has booked a hunt with a outfitter is S Dakota for a Merriams turkey?

Who would do it again and who to look out for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Gog1015

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: SD Outfitters?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 04:11:23 PM »
7 J Outfitters, they hunt in South Dakota and Wyoming, great people to deal with.

Offline arrow1

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 06:05:29 PM »
Cody Weyer at C & D Outfitters . My Dad and I had a great hunt and each got 2 birds.

Online ElkTurkMan

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 08:31:52 PM »
Another recommendation here for Cody and Denise at C&D Outfitters. They have a ton of ground and plenty of birds.  Great people and a great outfit.

Offline 762hunter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 10:05:14 PM »
Thanks for the input

Offline turkeyfool

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2021, 10:44:55 AM »
You definitely won't need an outfitter the black hills. almost the entire thing is public. As far as the prairie units, draw one of the top 2 or 3 units with a lot of Walk in Areas (you can easily find them on OnX or on their map). If you can do that, you're more than good to go. don't need an outfitter in that case

Offline joey46

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2021, 09:49:52 AM »
You definitely won't need an outfitter the black hills. almost the entire thing is public. As far as the prairie units, draw one of the top 2 or 3 units with a lot of Walk in Areas (you can easily find them on OnX or on their map). If you can do that, you're more than good to go. don't need an outfitter in that case

I hope the Walk In Areas are truly walk in.  Seeing way too much shenanigans involving the new electric bike fad down here in Florida. 

Offline AndyH

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2021, 03:42:35 PM »

I hope the Walk In Areas are truly walk in.  Seeing way too much shenanigans involving the new electric bike fad down here in Florida.

I hunted 7 days out there and never seen another person. We did see one truck parked at a pull off the first day.

Offline Bolandstrutters

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2021, 04:25:08 PM »
I would do DIY.  Like said before, apply for a prairie unit and get a black hills tag over the counter.  Tons of birds in the prairie units.  Just gotta find trees!