OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Wyo turkey question?  (Read 1570 times)

Offline jims

Wyo turkey question?
« on: March 14, 2022, 07:29:34 AM »
I was wondering if it is possible to draw a limited turkey tag in Wyo plus buy a 2nd general turkey tag good for the entire state?  The regs are a little confusing.

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
Re: Wyo turkey question?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 04:33:39 PM »
My interpretation of the regs makes me think you can have up to three spring tags, but only one can be a general-season, over-the-counter tag.  The others are limited-quota hunts that would require drawing one or both of those. I could not decipher if an individual can apply for and draw two limited-quota tags or if the only way to get that third permit would be if one of the limited-quota hunts had left-over tags. 

I suppose there is probably something somewhere in the Wyoming regulations that would clarify that.  I just didn't see it in my cursory look at their regulations.  Perhaps someone else can give us a clearer picture...

Online WV Ridge Reaper

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 05:06:18 PM »
When I called last year I was told two..one that has to be drawed and the other can be over the counter but only in a certain unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 11:18:46 PM »
When I called last year I was told two..one that has to be drawed and the other can be over the counter but only in a certain unit

I suspect that two is probably the realistic number someone could get, although their regs say no more than three.  Again, I think the only way someone could get three tags would be by getting and OTC tag, drawing a limited-permit tag, and then getting another limited-permit tag from a left-over pool after all the drawings were done.  Whether any of the limited-permit areas would have permits left over after the drawings were held would be the question, I think. 

In addition, the window for applying for the limited-quota hunts has passed for 2022.  I suppose someone buying a license could check to see if there are any leftover draw tags available, but I would doubt that there are.  I suspect the OTC tag for a single bird is probably the only option at this point.  However, I am just speculating.

Offline jims

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2022, 12:06:58 PM »
I drew 1 limited tag and tried to buy a general tag on their website.  I'm not exactly sure why the general tag doesn't come available unless I'm only limited to my limited tag?