OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: what sight do you recommend  (Read 2709 times)

Offline rgref522

what sight do you recommend
« on: May 31, 2021, 06:49:09 AM »
Hey guys i am looking to add a sight to my turkey gun after going to a 650 choke and seeing my poa/poi really magnified. i do not want a scope or red dot of any type,  it doesn't fit my run and gun style of hunting.  my only other concern is the sight needs to be rock solid, i crawl often and am hard on my gun.  i can't have my sight catch on brush and get tweaked or ripped off.

it will be a rib mounted sight on a benelli sbe. im leaning toward some type of front fiber optic and rear fiber optic, again durability is my biggest concern.

thanks for the feedback. 

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
Re: what sight do you recommend
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 08:53:42 AM »
Tru-glo or Williams makes great adjustable sights that will go on the vent rib of your gun. They are rib specific, made from machined aluminum, and extremely durable. The Williams sights are very well made. Crawling through brush will not be a problem with these. Good luck...
“Solo hunter”

Offline mbowyer51

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 11:57:50 PM »
If you go with tru-glu make sure you get the TruGlo Magnum Gobble Dot Pro Series. All metal with fiber optic and attach to the rib with 2 allen set screws on both the front and rear sights. Beat mine around all season without any issues

Offline albrubacker

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 02:41:47 PM »
 :agreed:
If you go with tru-glu make sure you get the TruGlo Magnum Gobble Dot Pro Series. All metal with fiber optic and attach to the rib with 2 allen set screws on both the front and rear sights. Beat mine around all season without any issues
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Offline DMTJAGER

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 07:28:35 PM »
I know its an old post and close to season opener but here is the set I used for 10-12 years until my eyesight forced me to use a scope. They are all steel and A-bomb proof tough.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AVVUC/ref=emc_b_5_t

In my opinion if your barrel has a vent rib and you must use a bolt on sight system this is the absolute BEST AM sight money can buy.

Offline Brwndg

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2022, 09:53:47 AM »
100% agree. This is the sight I have on both my 11-87s (12 and 20 ga).
"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend