turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

D-N-D haint gobbler tube

Started by rj1544, May 20, 2021, 02:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rj1544

What's everyone's opinion on down-N-dirty outdoors haint gobbler tube? I know the company isn't in business any more and they are hard to find? Which was better the polycarbonate or the walnut? If you could find them would you get them and what's it worth?

Tom007

Walnut worth near 100 bucks. Polycarbonate a bit less. They do well on EBay.
"Solo hunter"

mikejd

I have never seen anyone actually make a gobble on one. Other then you tube.

BTH

I have one in polycarb. It has been the difference from a gobbler just out of range and being non cooperative to getting him to cross that imaginary line of death. They are a good wrench to have in the vest for that special hard to reach/crack nut. To me it replicates that short not drawn out young gobbler/jake gobble.
Phil 4:13

tracker#1

I have the wood one, in a drawer. I have tried numerous times to run it. Maybe this summer I'll dig it out and try again...

superx2

Quote from: tracker#1 on May 22, 2021, 09:03:42 AM
I have the wood one, in a drawer. I have tried numerous times to run it. Maybe this summer I'll dig it out and try again...

im in the same boat.   ;D

tracker#1

dg7mm08

I have a wooden one and a Polycarbonate one that I never use. Tried and tried without success to make anything that resembled a gobbler sound on. Why I ended up with 2 of them I cannot remember.