OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

RNG 300 - seat bottom is torn

Started by paboxcall, May 13, 2021, 06:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paboxcall

After sitting down to a gobbling bird several times yesterday, I got back to the truck and noticed that the waterproof bottom of my RNG 300 seat had a couple tears exposing the foam.

Disappointed is an understatement. Not sure what I sat on that did this - rocks, broken branch, etc.

What would you suggest using to seal these tears? Appearance is not important, function over form.

Plumber's Goop? Something else?

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

ChesterCopperpot

Flex seal tape would probably be what I would try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paboxcall

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on May 13, 2021, 06:55:56 PM
Flex seal tape would probably be what I would try.

Like that idea, I could run that tape across the bottom, create a second layer / barrier.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

paboxcall

Quote from: Dazzler on May 13, 2021, 07:36:29 PM
https://kifaru.net/store/accessories/web-management/tenacious-tape-ripstop-repair-tape/

Never heard of Tenacious Tape before. Less than $5 on Amazon prime, be here Sunday. Excellent. Thanks for the recommendation!

Dtrkyman

My 200 is tearing where the middle strap connects, probably just swap it out for my old cabelas pad

paboxcall

Quote from: Dtrkyman on May 13, 2021, 08:12:42 PM
My 200 is tearing where the middle strap connects, probably just swap it out for my old cabelas pad

I'm of the generation that had to take home ec and learn to sew, so if its fabric tearing I'm OK to take a needle and thread and repair it. I like the seat, like how its under me when I sit. Just way disappointed that the seat bottom is so thin.

lunghit

It seems impossible to find a vest that can make it through a few seasons without damage.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Sanders153

Quote from: lunghit on May 13, 2021, 08:31:18 PM
It seems impossible to find a vest that can make it through a few seasons without damage.

True.. the Grounded vest is still looking pretty good/durable though

lunghit

Quote from: Sanders153 on May 14, 2021, 12:15:49 AM
Quote from: lunghit on May 13, 2021, 08:31:18 PM

True.. the Grounded vest is still looking pretty good/durable though

That and the Will Primos are the top two on my list for next season. I have read some quality issues with the Primos and one or two with the Grounded.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Dtrkyman

That cushion is  not worth the time to repair in my case.

FL-Boss

In most cases, if you want "more durable" that means more noise. Those vest are made with a stronger poly blend, but they are louder. The RNG, and some others, may not be the most durable... but they are quiet as a mouse.

Shoreguy

Quote from: Dtrkyman on May 13, 2021, 08:12:42 PM
Mine did the same thing. The whole middle strap ripped out. Nothing to sew the strap back into to fix it.