OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Leafy camo thoughts?

Started by DirtNap647, May 10, 2021, 07:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtNap647

Do you think leafy camo is better? I know the north mountain gear pullover gets alot of praise I have one myself but it got me thinking if leafy camo really makes any difference.  I seem to get same results with or without it.  What is your thoughts ?

paboxcall

Never leave home without it.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Gooserbat

It's another trick in the closet.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Gmed

Just bought a North Mountain green leafy jacket. Looks like great stuff and heads above the Bass Pro stuff I had before.....

ChesterCopperpot

Unlike most, I run leafy bottoms and just a Trebark top. I think the leafy bottoms definitely helps break up the outline, particularly if you get caught in a place where tree choice is limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozarks Hillbilly

I think there's a advantage to it. I feel that it gives some added depth and a little movement in the breeze makes it a little more realistic. I have used a Mossy Oak Diffusion pullover for 4 or 5 years last year I picked up a North Mountain gear medium weight Greenleaf pullover for early season. 

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sanders153

It seems to help break up the human outline a little better. I've had good results with the Firstlite top and facemask

WildTigerTrout

I wear a leafy jacket, leafy vest, leafy face cover and leafy ball hat. Works really well.  I do not wear leafy gloves or pants.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

OJR

Started wearing a First Lite leafy jacket and head cover this year mainly because my grandkids gave it to me for Christmas. After wearing it this season I can't imagine being without it. It blends with almost anything and softens your outline like regular camo can't.

Meleagris gallopavo

I only wear leafy because it's convenient to put on over my work clothes.  I get the cheap, almost disposable, ones I see on eBay. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

mspaci

Sanders153

Has anyone compared First lite's leafy stuff to North Mountain's

Turkeyman

I use a leafy top which also has a leafy hood. I don't know as I've ever been picked up wearing it whereas I have been picked up, sans leafy, by those pesky hens that come looking for you.

outdoorsmen

First lite looks better imo.

Tom007

Definitely love it, they walk 5 feet away. It breaks up human outline.....
"Solo hunter"