News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Burris FF3 battery cover

Started by strum, January 28, 2020, 04:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Quote from: slave601 on January 29, 2023, 08:08:38 AM
It's the battery they send in the box with the sight. I just bought a brand new sight and had the same problem. Put a battery in the new sight out of my old sight and the cap screwed on perfectly.

The Duracell battery will solve your problem. I'm not sure what came in the box, but if you use the Duracell, the cap secures perfectly....
"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

They are still a pain in the rear even if you have the duracell battery ... worst design I've ever seen. Another trick that did help was making sure your screwdriver blade is as big as the slot on the battery cap... I bought one of these FF3 and it will be my last one .... I will buy Swampfox or some other kind ... I own 2 Swampfox and for the money it's hard to beat them ... Kingslayer green circle dot ...

Tom007

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 31, 2023, 11:24:55 AM
They are still a pain in the rear even if you have the duracell battery ... worst design I've ever seen. Another trick that did help was making sure your screwdriver blade is as big as the slot on the battery cap... I bought one of these FF3 and it will be my last one .... I will buy Swampfox or some other kind ... I own 2 Swampfox and for the money it's hard to beat them ... Kingslayer green circle dot ...
[/quote/]

Yea, I want to try that Green circle dot......
"Solo hunter"

Uncle Tom

When replacing the battery in my Burris I notice the screwdriver slot gets scratched up, probably a problem with all of us if you ever open the compartment to replace battery. Take a Q-tip and spray a little black paint on a piece of paper, then dip the Q-tip in the paint.....paint the cap and cover up the the cap. They do need to come up with a better battery compartment  I just bought a Sightron SRS 2 from Camera Land to try....$119.00.

Glades

I took the advise from some of the guys here and installed mine with a DURACELL battery. Zero issues. Cap went on with no issues at all.