OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tom’s fighting  (Read 1455 times)

Offline tikka

Tom’s fighting
« on: May 09, 2021, 01:21:03 PM »
Yesterday evening I called in a hen and 2 Toms using Yelping/ cutting.   When they got to about 80 yards the Toms started fighting.   I thought that the winner would then come in after the fight.    This happened 18 minutes before quitting time.    When I couldn’t hear/ see them anymore I called using Yelp/ cutting again       I left 10 minutes after shooting time to see if anything would come in.     What calls should I have done?   

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
Re: Tom’s fighting
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 01:18:10 PM »
When I see more than one Tom together, I often us fighting purrs to bring them in if standard yelps and clucks don't work.

Offline Paulmyr

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 10:50:17 PM »
Good chance the winner chased the loser off. Sounds like it was time for roost after that. Maybe a good area to start out in the next mourning as I don't think he will be to far away.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Offline tikka

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 11:36:21 AM »
EZ- I will have to learn how to do that.     Paulmyr- I thought that also but was unable to hunt the next day.

Thanks for the replies.