turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which Semi Auto turkey

Started by fadetoblack188, May 06, 2021, 09:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fadetoblack188

If you could pick a semi auto turkey gun today which would it be??  lets exclude the sbe 3 performace shop turkey haha. i am not spending that coin now on somthing lol

FL-Boss

kennedyh1990

I'm a fan of Retay. I've got a 12 gauge Gordion turkey and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fadetoblack188

Meleagris gallopavo

I'd look at the Weatherby SA-459 before they're all gone.  Right now I'm fixated on the Retay Masai Mara XT. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

ShootingABN!

I just got a Mossberg 930 from Academy Sports for under $500. Love it so far. Patterned ok with factory .670 choke, however I did order a IC .660 with standard XR loads its awesome. There is a video on YouTube about keeping it clean. I've run a box of low brass through her and she's smoking them.... Only thing is the barrel had lot's of machine marks inside it. I ordered a Flexhone and she's like glass.... So all in all I'm really happy with it.

Also just had a friend buy a Stoger M3500 turkey model and that was around $700. That one can shoot 3.5" shells. He is really happy with it. Only thing is trigger is like 7 pounds. MCARBO has a trigger replacement kit....

Anyway..

Good luck and keep us posted.

fadetoblack188

Looks like the weatherby sa459 are close to impossible to get now

Big Jeremy

I would also speak highly of the Retays. I got a Masai mara about a month ago, and love it. Shoulders well, fantastic features, good trigger, great patterns. I intend for mine to be an all-around shotgun, but it took down a turkey with no problem a week ago. Not gonna deck it out as a turkey specific rig...got a couple of those...but, it sure would do the trick!

Genehalteman

Girsan MC312 Gobbler

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

squirrel_hunter

I would like to try a Stoeger M3500 in turkey/predator model.  I would use it for turkeys and coyote hunting.

Tom007

No question, Benelli Super Black Eagle Steady grip turkey. Fantastic gun....Loveit
"Solo hunter"

lowoctane

:morning:
That word "if" kinda sets the tone on your search I think...
Another vote for Stoeger as it's a good value and a good semi.   :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Greg Massey

I just bought the Franchi Affinity Elite 3 in 20 gauge, took me while to find one. it's awesome shotgun...

kwild835

For 12 gauge, I don't think there is a gun that can beat the 21" barrel M2.  Short, light, and feels great in the hand.  Can get in regular stock or pistol grip.   I think there are a ton of great choices out there these day, but just keep coming back to this one.