OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Albert Paul Boxes

Started by Sanders153, May 05, 2021, 07:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey_picker

I have one of Albert Paul's Prestige call, Walnut over Zebra wood that I got from him in 1998. I asked him to tune one side with a little rasp and the other side with a higher pitched. It has been an awesome call, never go to the woods without it. I bought my sons one of his pocket box calls, but can't remember what wood they are made from. Both are made from different woods and both sound great. You can't go wrong with any of his boxes.

coyote1

Albert Paul's boxes are excellent. My Walnut/poplar goes on every hunt, the call almost runs itself.

EZ

Mr. Paul has been making top tier boxes for a long, long time and he is quite the gentleman.
Mike Lapp credits him as his mentor.

2nd 100

X2 on anything MR. Albert builds is top tier and from a real Southern Gentleman to boot !

yelpy

There hasn't been any call I've had from Mr Albert Paul that I didn't like. They are all great calls. Doesn't matter the combo. He puts turkey in every call he builds. It's up to you and the birds to decide what sounds better to your ear. I've called up many of gobblers using Paul's calls.

bobk

Mr. Paul is great to deal with and makes outstanding callers.

rotalley

I can't say enough good things about Albert Paul. I got into building boxes and called him up to ask about learning some things from him and he had me come to his house and showed me the whole process. He even gave me a Maple and walnut box and some of his templates to mark the curve on the side walls and the checkering. He is a true southern gentleman. The world could use more people like him.

Beards and Hooks

I have 4 of em on right now and two more being made, all walnut, walnut/poplar, walnut/cedar, and cherry/mahogany. All the above are great calls but my favorites are the all walnut and walnut/cedar. Albert is a real good guy and his wife is a sweetheart, give him a call and you can talk turkey with him!

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

k4brannon

All his calls are great and so consistent .

my favorite of his is the Henry Davis.

tgilbert

I have his Henry Davis and a walnut / poplar and both are first class calls from a first class gentleman!

idratherb

Hi calls fall over in the truck and sound good

310 gauge

Used an Albert Paul Maple over Persimmon box and a Bill Lyman Cedar Slate over Slate to score a double on my birthday with my Son this season. Awesome memories thanks to two Gentlemen Callmakers!

Badger

I have a Holly and Pink Ivory.  Very nice call.

Stephen Singleton

You can't go wrong with an Albert Paul box call. I have his poplar/walnut combination. He is great to talk with. He takes his time answering any questions you may have and he loves to talk turkey. I would highly recommend getting a call from him.

Lcmacd 58

Such awesome work... he's on my list of needed calls