OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Swampfox kingslayer with green circle. Thoughts and opinions?  (Read 2023 times)

Offline SCSWAMP

I’m about to start building a new turkey gun for next season and found a little bit of info about this sight on the forum. Wanted to get some feedback from some people that have ran one for a couple of seasons. I currently run a Burris FF3. How is the dot/circle combo for getting on a bird at 35 or 40 yards. Also how is the brightness of the green when looking into green spring woods. Any info would be awesome! Thanks

Offline Dazzler

Re: Swampfox kingslayer with green circle. Thoughts and opinions?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 07:21:16 PM »
Is the green dot the answer for those of us with an astigmatism that makes a red dot blurry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SCSWAMP

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 07:52:30 PM »
From what I’ve read, it helps a lot of people with astigmatism. I don’t have that problem nor do I own the sight yet so I can’t speak from experience.

Offline twyatt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 02:11:47 PM »
I don't know if I have an astigmatism or what, but I have looked through just about every red dot available (except Eotech) and every single one is blurry, blurry to the point that I couldn't hunt with it.

For some odd reason though, I CAN see circle dots clearly.  My favorite clear reticles are these, along with the pros/cons.

TruGlo Gobblestopper - the most clear, perfect reticle in my opinion, but it's HUGE and heavy.  I have 2 now and have had zero issues with them and absolutely love the reticle, but it's a Truglo after all, so longevity does somewhat concern me.  Has 6 brightness levels, and red or green circle dot.

Holosun 507c - crystal clear to me, red circle dot, but the "circle" part of the reticle is only 32 MOA, and is too small in my opinion, making everything too busy and hard to see a turkey like I want.

Swampfox Kingslayer - I've owned 2 of these and only sold them because I sold the guns they were on.  I just bought a new turkey gun last night, and ordered another new Kingslayer.  Lightweight, crystal clear, 65moa circle, 3moa dot.  To me it's the best option for a circle dot and for some reason I can see it clearly.

Again I don't know why exactly, but regular red dots look horribly blurry to me, but the kingslayer red circle dot and the Truglo look really clear to me.   The holosun does too but the circle is too small.
Everyone at Swampfox that I've talked to has been awesome as well.