OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tough year but staying with them....  (Read 1178 times)

Offline callaway71

Tough year but staying with them....
« on: May 01, 2021, 10:33:26 AM »
First off, this should have been my Dad’s bird but he couldn’t hunt with me due to a golf scramble. Most of my birds have been henned up all season. I get to my listening spot and hear nothing on the property. I’m thinking there have been birds in a certain spot each time I’ve been out there. I head that way and sure enough one gobbled as I’m approaching the area. I can tell he’s roosted right on the edge of the field. I ease up to look out and a hen is feeding in the field. He flies down and proceeds to strut and gobble. I can tell he wants to go the other way. Decided to slip around him. As I’m easing around keeping undergrowth between us five more birds flew off the roost. I could tell three were hens. Needless to say, my plan to head him off worked. I made it to where I wanted and let the hen walk by. He gobbled about 50 yrds away but I couldn’t see him. Within seconds he walks by, I stop him and now he’s soaking in the fridge. :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 01:24:44 PM by callaway71 »

Offline Roost 1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Re: Tough year but staying with them....
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 07:22:36 PM »
Congrats.... gotta do what we gotta do sometimes.

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
Re: Tough year but staying with them....
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 07:37:25 PM »
Nothing to be ashamed of there brother. Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk