turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What’s for lunch? / what’s in your gobbler

Started by aclawrence, May 01, 2021, 10:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeyman

Generally if I kill one off the limb his craw is empty except for a little "residue". The gizzard did it's job and ground everything up last night.

eddie234

Quote from: wvmntnhick on May 03, 2021, 04:02:10 PM
Quote from: eddie234 on May 03, 2021, 09:18:53 AM
Paw paw seeds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Oh man! I love paw paws. Where in the world did you kill that thing? They're not even out here until the fall of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was last years, Marshall County.

aclawrence

Quote from: mtns2hunt on May 03, 2021, 01:25:46 PM
Wish I had seen this post earlier and I would have taken a picture. My Tom was filled with green corn. Thought they were peas at first. Turns out one of the neaibors is planting corn and the green color is a treatment agianst bugs I think. Currently in process of finding out what the treatment is and if I will die from eating bird.
Let us know if you don't make it so we can avoid eating turkeys with green corn in them haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman529

I filmed this bird get shot around mid day a couple weeks ago, and there was a red oak acorn in the gizzard. April 18.

THattaway

Most have air from drumming. Most usually have just a few blades of grass, seeds or acorns, but little if any. Breeding toms live off fat reserves, lesser birds usually eat more. At least that's what I've seen.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles