OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Knight & Hale: Ultimate Fighting Purr  (Read 3237 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Knight & Hale: Ultimate Fighting Purr
« on: May 16, 2021, 04:26:42 PM »
So I picked up a Knight & Hale: Ultimate Fighting Purr call and am thinking of giving it a try, I was wondering what would be the best way to set up with it, how often should I use it at the setup, for how long should I run it each time and if I should use decoys or not with it? Thank you for the help.

Oh, I know there will be those that will say I could have done it with just two pegs and a friction call of choice, but with my hands I can't do that, I just wanted to put that out there.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
Re: Knight & Hale: Ultimate Fighting Purr
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 04:54:34 PM »
When you are set up, and you have a bird working, but not committing, sometimes the fighting purr will get him to commit. It has worked for me on some occasions, I use two pushpins simultaneously. Best of luck with it Steve, can’t hurt to have it in your call Arsenal.
“Solo hunter”

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 05:24:09 PM »
When you are set up, and you have a bird working, but not committing, sometimes the fighting purr will get him to commit. It has worked for me on some occasions, I use two pushpins simultaneously. Best of luck with it Steve, can’t hurt to have it in your call Arsenal.
Thanks, I have been trying between two blinds on the same property but not getting any replies whatsoever. As a matter of fact when they are gobbling and I try to call everything seems to shut up. The one owner left to go back home to Delaware because he was so frustrated with nothing happening, not even seeing but one he said this year which is one more than I have seen. I was looking at the property trying to figure out what is different and the one major thing that stands out to me is the one field is some form of tall grass this year and last and not clover which it has been every other year, not sure if that is it or not. Also no standing corn on the adjoining property this year.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline MISSISSIPPI Double beard

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 05:36:08 PM »
With very little practice you can do fighting purrs with one striker and a pot call.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 07:09:42 PM »
With very little practice you can do fighting purrs with one striker and a pot call.
I can but it is painful to do, that is why I bought this.

Sent from my S30U+ using Tapatalk

John Koenig:

Offline Twowithone

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 06:36:58 AM »
Seen it used before 1 time and it brought the gobbler in for the dirt nap that was yrs ago but it worked I cant deny that.
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Offline MISSISSIPPI Double beard

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 09:37:18 AM »

Running a pot call is painful?
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 10:03:55 AM »

Running a pot call is painful?
The extra pressure used to change from a light purr to a more aggressive purr plus the speed up to try to make it seem like two birds can yes.

John Koenig:

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2021, 10:04:42 AM »
Seen it used before 1 time and it brought the gobbler in for the dirt nap that was yrs ago but it worked I cant deny that.
Thanks, were decoys used or just on it's own?

John Koenig:

Offline Twowithone

• Longbeard
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2021, 10:10:33 AM »
No decoys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2021, 10:15:17 AM »
No decoys.

Thank you, trying not to use them much the last 2 years.

John Koenig:

Offline Twowithone

• Longbeard
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2021, 10:33:43 AM »
Their hit or miss deer look at em and think why ain’t u moving.

Offline Chuck1443

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2021, 01:10:17 AM »
1 pot between your knees and 2 strikers . Worked more than once on a hung up gobbler

[ulr=https://flic.kr/p/2eAvvmY][/url][=https://flic.kr/p/2eAvvmY][/url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/157301774@N04/][/url]

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2021, 10:02:34 AM »
1 pot between your knees and 2 strikers . Worked more than once on a hung up gobbler

As said in my original post "Oh, I know there will be those that will say I could have done it with just two pegs and a friction call of choice, but with my hands I can't do that, I just wanted to put that out there."

I can't do that with my hand problems, it is not only very uncomfortable and painful but my left hand lacks the coordination and dexterity to do it. Just getting in the position to try it is uncomfortable and painful to the entire body, very, very awkward. I can't even use a straight keyboard, I have to use one of these.

John Koenig: