OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Headed to Nebraska  (Read 2939 times)

Offline Mississippispurs

Headed to Nebraska
« on: April 23, 2021, 09:00:02 PM »
Headed to Nebraska in a couple weeks. Just wanted to see if anyone has been this year? Any reports on how the turkey population looks this year? Planning on hunting public in the NW corner of the sate. Anyone info would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Offline wvhoyt19

Re: Headed to Nebraska
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 05:20:43 AM »
I’ll be there soon for first time. If no one chimes in, I’ll try and keep ya posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jims

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 06:54:00 PM »
I hunted central Nebraska for the past 9 years. This was by far the fewest turkeys I’ve seen. Hopefully it’s better where you are going!

Offline wvhoyt19

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 08:47:06 PM »
Unfortunately, it’s not better. We have not seen very many birds. The ones we have seen are with hens. We are still at it tho

Offline deerhunt1988

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 08:43:36 AM »
Thanks to social media, Nebraska's popularity has absolutely freaking sky rocketed the past several years. More and more folks are going out there earlier and earlier and the reason you ain't getting on as many birds right now, is because they are DEAD. There's likely a couple hundred non-residents patrolling northwest Nebraska right now. I know several of them.

Offline MS TurkeyHunter

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 06:17:16 PM »
Thanks to social media, Nebraska's popularity has absolutely freaking sky rocketed the past several years. More and more folks are going out there earlier and earlier and the reason you ain't getting on as many birds right now, is because they are DEAD. There's likely a couple hundred non-residents patrolling northwest Nebraska right now. I know several of them.
This 100%! Hunted there around 2012 and it was great. Made a couple return trips over the years and it just got worse every year. Best bet is to go early and deal with the opening day crowds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bonasa

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 08:55:15 PM »
Headed to Nebraska in a couple weeks...Planning on hunting public in the NW corner of the sate.

You and every other chucklehead with an instagram account. There are merriems other places if that is what you are after, and turkey in general for that matter.