OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 835 with Carlson's Long Beard choke and 3 1/2" Long Beard 6's  (Read 2761 times)

Offline diyj98

I tried my new 835 today with 3 1/2"  Long Beard #6's using the Carlon Long Beard choke.  The first target is 30 yards and the second is 40.  I had some Longbeard 5's and 4's, but I was happy with the 6's and figured I just keep the 5's and 4's in the ammo stash.

Offline Old Timer

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: 835 with Carlson's Long Beard choke and 3 1/2" Long Beard 6's
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 11:11:04 PM »
Seems like you got a good combo. Good even pattern ,not to tight.Happy hunting!

Offline KentuckyHeadhunter

• Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 09:00:14 AM »
Try regular 3 inch shells but same combo.  Shot one at 47 yards this year.  DRT.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 08:50:32 PM »
Try regular 3 inch shells but same combo.  Shot one at 47 yards this year.  DRT.
^^ what he said. I’ve found that the 3” often pattern better. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing. With lead, the more you try to cram through a choke, the more it deforms. This leads to more flyers and often a lacking pattern. I’ve got some 3.5” stuff just because it’s what was leftover, given in a trade or I needed something to tune with. But, when it comes time to hunt, 3” is in my gun if I’m using lead. Shorter if using TSS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk