OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fanny Pack with Shoulder Straps

Started by rifleman, April 19, 2021, 07:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rifleman

Anyone have experience with a fanny pack with shoulder straps for turkey gear?  I like to go as light as possible but still have what I need.  Thanks

Tom007

They work great. Just watch what you put in back pockets if you sit by trees, stuff can get crushed. They do work well.

paboxcall

Ditched the traditional vest for a fanny pack with a shoulder harness, used it for a few years in a row. It was convenient, carried only what I needed, but had to take it off and put it between my legs when I sat down against a tree. Had to take it off to retrieve something, and ended up having to strap / buckle my fleece pullover to the fanny pack when I shed thermal layers.

Convenient in some ways, not convenient in others. Never broke anything I stowed in it.

But for the inconvenient reasons, I went to a RNG 300 vest. I still use that fanny pack during deer season.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

ChesterCopperpot

I was looking at a Molle belt system and shoulder straps. Think it could work really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rifleman

PABOXCALL and TOM007,  What were the brands of the ones that you have used?  I need a little guidance.  Thanks

USMC0331

Way too hot in SC for vest. I use a Badlands monster fanny pack. It will hold a lot of gear. Lifetime warrenty as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

paboxcall

Its a Fieldline. Very functional, just rather have a minimalist vest. At least for now.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Dtrkyman

I have used my blacks creek guide gear one some. works ok but prefer something with turkey specific design.

Went with a RNG200.

blackmagic

I have an Alps Little Bear.  It works fine.  I even have all the call pockets, etc you can add to it.  Having broken my back in the past, I need some kind of seat.  Always brought my lounger with it.  I just hate carrying crap.  This year switched to the Run and Gun fanny pack with the  pad.  I like it alot  better, but it would benefit from some kind of shoulder strap system

CALLM2U

I have this one that I use during bow season.  I have zero complaints about it and it's holding up really well after 3 years. 

Never used it for turkey hunting though.  My main concern would be smashing things as I backed up against a tree. 

https://www.tenzingoutdoors.com/catalog/product/view/id/1939/s/flex-lumbar-pack/category/109/

TalksToTurkeys

http://www.rockymountainpacks.com/coyote-hunting-fanny-pack/

I'm using the Rocky Mountain Packs Coyote pack. I don't think you will find a better made, more comfortable or more versatile pack in that price range. You won't believe how comfortable the shoulder straps are. And it's made in the USA.

SteelerFan

I've been using the Alpz little bear with turkey pouches for a couple of years. Ever since I went to a chair / lounger. I take this off and sit it beside me. Really like having "nothing" on except the camo when set up.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,74308.0.html

turkeyhunter91

Tom007

Quote from: rifleman on April 19, 2021, 08:13:34 PM
PABOXCALL and TOM007,  What were the brands of the ones that you have used?  I need a little guidance.  Thanks

Cabelas just came out with their turkey 1/2 vest again. I got one brand new on ebay a few years ago. I called Cabelas and they told me a lot of hunters inquired about it. Well, it's back. It has enough pockets, and has the patented speed seat. I installed suspenders, it works great. I added a pot call and box call holder that I use for push-pins. This is my favorite set up. Light, comfortable, and enough for running and gunning.

sbbow

I use the tenzing 1250 lumbar pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk