OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: New Grounded Vest  (Read 1970 times)

Offline Gumby

• The Boss Gobbler
New Grounded Vest
« on: March 17, 2021, 09:01:09 PM »
Received my new vest from Grounded Outdoors today. It’s a great vest. Very well thought out. Fits great and highly adjustable. Quality seems top notch. I don’t wear a vest every time I hunt. When I do, I like one that fits good and not too baggy and bulky. This thing is great in that department. The seat is extremely comfortable as well. The price is the major drawback. Most will will consider the $180 on the high side. In my opinion it was money well spent, and I see this vest lasting me a very long time. For reference, my old vest is an old Russell Super Elite 3. Anywho, just thought I’d share my opinion.

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: New Grounded Vest
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 09:36:40 PM »
I am trying to wait until the bottomland comes back in stock, after speaking with Drew I was told March 25th is what he is hoping. The vest looks well built,worth a chance to try it out.

Offline Wigsplitter

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 10:00:05 PM »
It’s a great vest! I’m proud of mine !! I have been searching for many years for one to suit me!!

Offline Gumby

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 10:04:06 PM »
Ya the bottomland is really nice looking. I’m just indifferent as far as camo patterns, etc so I went ahead and ordered one. Hopefully your as pleased with yours as I am with mine.

Offline skimerhorn

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 08:23:49 PM »
Got a email saying that they got some bottomland back in stock

Offline Matt76cmich

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2021, 04:18:32 PM »
Any bigger guys get their hands on this vest? I currently use an XL Alps Grand Slam vest, but I would really like to support an American made product if I can.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Offline Gumby

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2021, 02:21:14 AM »
Any bigger guys get their hands on this vest? I currently use an XL Alps Grand Slam vest, but I would really like to support an American made product if I can.

I’m 6’3” and weigh 240lbs. Fits me good

Offline Matt76cmich

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2021, 02:46:31 AM »

I’m 6’3” and weigh 240lbs. Fits me good
Think there is enough adjustability for someone that wears 3xl shirts? I'm 6'5" about 315#

Offline Gumby

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2021, 01:19:51 PM »
I think that it would fit but I think if you adjusted it to that size the pockets might be more to your side than towards the front.

Online Dazzler

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2021, 06:00:11 PM »
anyone have thoughts on fitting someone 5'8" and just under 200lbs?  is it one of those OSFM that will be a little loose when cinched all the way down?

Offline Sanders153

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Lord Jesus Christ - The Way, Truth, and the Life.
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2021, 06:14:30 PM »
I believe it will work just fine for most everyone. I spoke with a fellow member today and he said it worked great and had alot of adjustment room. I waiting on the bottomland to come back into stock as well. I was about to get a Badlands vest, but I think this one is gonna beat it out

Offline lunghit

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2021, 06:44:30 PM »
I am also waiting on the Bottomland to come available. Looks like a well thought out vest.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"