OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Sp10 red dot  (Read 6088 times)

Offline Shady valley birds

• The drummin is deafening
Sp10 red dot
« on: April 05, 2021, 09:15:37 PM »
Hey guys so i wanted a red dot on my sp10, but its not drilled and tapped and I couldn't find anyone to do it close to the house.  2nd option was to find a saddle mount and go that rout. Well i Couldn't find one in stock anywhere i looked for days. So i then stumbled upon the rib mounted red dots and found the base thru meadow creek mounts. So I ordered one today. Along with an ADE r3 red dot which they recommend.  I didn't know how to feel about having your red dot further away from your eye, but the reviews are awesome. A few Said they're swapping all their guns over after using the rib mount. But anyway when it gets here and I can shoot it several times ill post an update but has any of yall used the rib mount setup? Thanks   -james
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

Offline mcw3734

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
Re: Sp10 red dot
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 12:19:47 AM »
I also have a SP10 using Meadow Creek Mounts to hold my Vortex red dot in place. Very pleased with the results.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 09:27:49 AM »
Going to go with a Meadow creek mount myself on one of my Bps's. I didn't want to drill and tap for several reasons, and this mount looks like the solution. The way the Bps rib is made, i should be able to mount it almost at the end of the receiver. If i like it, i may add one to the 10 gauge Bps also.

Offline DUCKDIGGLER

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 08:31:37 AM »
Going to go with a Meadow creek mount myself on one of my Bps's. I didn't want to drill and tap for several reasons, and this mount looks like the solution. The way the Bps rib is made, i should be able to mount it almost at the end of the receiver. If i like it, i may add one to the 10 gauge Bps also.

The Ward......I would be very interested in how you like the MC mount on the BPS....especially in terms of cheek weld. I look forward to your input sir! DD  :OGturkeyhead:

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 01:19:34 PM »
Hey DuckDiggler! I haven't ordered one yet, probably going to wait till after season now, as both my guns are already sighted in and ready to go. I definately will let you know how it fits, and how the cheekweld is when i get one. I think another member posted he has one mounted on his 10 gauge, and he liked it. Not sure where i saw the post, but it was pretty recently.

Offline DUCKDIGGLER

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 03:36:47 PM »
Hey DuckDiggler! I haven't ordered one yet, probably going to wait till after season now, as both my guns are already sighted in and ready to go. I definately will let you know how it fits, and how the cheekweld is when i get one. I think another member posted he has one mounted on his 10 gauge, and he liked it. Not sure where i saw the post, but it was pretty recently.

Understood! Good luck out there and please if you do go forawrd....report back!  Be well....aim small!

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2021, 08:30:35 AM »

Understood! Good luck out there and please if you do go forawrd....report back!  Be well....aim small!
Will do, and good luck this season!

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2021, 06:20:44 PM »
The meadow creek did great on my sp10 got it done yesterday morning!
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2021, 07:34:03 AM »
Awesome! post up some pics if you can. Wife was asking me what i wanted for my b-day this year, so i told her the meadow creek mount. Might have one on the gun sooner than i expected lol!

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2021, 08:46:15 AM »
Awesome! post up some pics if you can. Wife was asking me what i wanted for my b-day this year, so i told her the meadow creek mount. Might have one on the gun sooner than i expected lol!
I'm not quite sure how to but I need too the ol 10 got em another one this morning! The meadow creek is doing an awesome job you need to sweet talk the wife!! ????

Offline 4nolz2

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2021, 09:00:08 AM »
I've never succeeded in posting a photo on OG I resize etc but it won't post.I have great pictures of hunts,patterns etc but gave up.

It would really help this forum if it could get worked out

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2021, 09:48:37 AM »
I'm not quite sure how to but I need too the ol 10 got em another one this morning! The meadow creek is doing an awesome job you need to sweet talk the wife!! ????
Cool! Good to hear!

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2021, 09:57:44 AM »
I've never succeeded in posting a photo on OG I resize etc but it won't post.I have great pictures of hunts,patterns etc but gave up.

It would really help this forum if it could get worked out
I haven't tried to post any photos in quite some time. I recently got one of those new whiz bang phones. My son said he will show me how to do the photo posting thing with it one of these days. I'm just a neandrethal living in a star trek world when it comes to electronic gizmos.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2021, 11:01:56 AM »
Well i got the Meadow creek mount and it sits way too high for me, like end of chin weld on both the bps 10 and my bps 12. It is going on my son's 870 with the steadygrip stock, great cheek weld with it and the Meadow creek. Both the bps' are duel purpose guns, so i have no interest in altering the stocks, which would require at least a 1/2 comb rise. Not a knock on the mount itself, which i think is nicely made, just sits way to high for me to be usable on my guns. Unless the comb has been raised, i don't see how anyone is getting a decent sight picture. I had to raise my head 3/8 to 1/2 off the stock of either gun to get dot centered in my vision. Just a heads up on my experience with it, if you have a higher comb, it should work great. Oh well, back to fiber optic sights i guess.

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2021, 11:54:18 PM »
Well i got the Meadow creek mount and it sits way too high for me, like end of chin weld on both the bps 10 and my bps 12. It is going on my son's 870 with the steadygrip stock, great cheek weld with it and the Meadow creek. Both the bps' are duel purpose guns, so i have no interest in altering the stocks, which would require at least a 1/2 comb rise. Not a knock on the mount itself, which i think is nicely made, just sits way to high for me to be usable on my guns. Unless the comb has been raised, i don't see how anyone is getting a decent sight picture. I had to raise my head 3/8 to 1/2 off the stock of either gun to get dot centered in my vision. Just a heads up on my experience with it, if you have a higher comb, it should work great. Oh well, back to fiber optic sights i guess.
man that stinks! I never haf an issue with mine on the sp10. Didn't really feel any different than a regular receiver mounted optic. But hopefully you find something to get you going!!