OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Trumpet sound file

Started by g8rvet, March 28, 2024, 09:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g8rvet

Son was recording me about 50 yards away in the woods.  Just wanted to get a feel about the sound.  Working on relaxing and slowing it down a bit and drawing out the notes, but we had a bird gobble a bit earlier so I was trying to sound a little excited in case he answered.  Let me know what you think.  I will try again a little closer for better sound. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krnGlUIu_P4
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

hpo

For what it's worth.

My opinion: Sounded good. You had the turkey sounds, especially the clucks. You seemed to lack some rollover in your yelps.

Shoot'em in the Face!

g8rvet

Like they are too cut off?  How does one accomplish that?  Meaning with the air flow of kind of relaxing and allowing more of a softer ending?  I do not know anyone that uses a trumpet, so kind of gonna have to figure this out on my own. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

davisd9

Slow down and chop the air to make two notes. I think your air flow is very good and that is rare. You just have to for the top and bottom note of the yelp separately. Your clucks need a bit of burst to them. Do not get too sharp like a putt, I have had to step back on this. Not sure how long you have been playing but I think you are on your way.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

hpo

Quote from: g8rvet on April 07, 2024, 01:51:54 PM
Like they are too cut off?  How does one accomplish that?  Meaning with the air flow of kind of relaxing and allowing more of a softer ending?  I do not know anyone that uses a trumpet, so kind of gonna have to figure this out on my own.

Good advice above.

Yes, somewhat to cut-off. I would look at drawing the sound out and then attempt to recreate the back end of the two note yelp.
Shoot'em in the Face!