OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Comfort tip  (Read 6289 times)

Offline howl

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Comfort tip
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2021, 03:16:30 PM »
Krylon sells a "Fusion"spray paint line that will stick.  Or you can use a primer made for that surface and paint over the primer. Sand lightly and wipe with alcohol before anything.

Offline TRG3

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2021, 03:05:39 AM »
Be sure to spread a black garbage bag under your turkey lounger so as to keep your butt dry. Also, a 8' length of light weight camo netting set up as a screen in front of you covers a lot of movement that might otherwise alert a turkey to your presence. I was sound asleep in my turkey lounger at 11:30 in the morning a couple of days ago only to be awakened by a couple of toms that had silently come in to my decoys. The camo netting allowed me to be startled awake without spooking the birds, one of which rode home with me in my truck.

Offline Mossberg90MN

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2021, 01:28:53 AM »
About everywhere I hunt seems like I'm sitting on a sidehill. I'll find a dead branch about 4-6 inches in diameter and a few feet long, and use it as a wedge in front of my seat cushion. Another way to keep from sliding away from the base of the tree.
Yup! I’ve done this before myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2021, 07:49:50 AM »
If I know I will be sitting for a while, I dig a shallow bowl the size of my butt at the base of my tree. Then I put my seat cushion on top and sit. This helps prevent you from sliding away from the tree. It is also more comfortable and allows me to sit longer.
I did this all season after reading this post in March. Didn’t need to carry a spade as some folks suggested. Just used a good sharp stick wherever I was. Didn’t take long and didn’t take much, but man it made a world of difference. I appreciate the tip! Never crossed my mind beforehand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Turkeyman

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2021, 04:02:31 PM »
Personally, I don't want to carry any extra stuff. I have one of those folding leg turkey seats. It negates digging a hole or such...most trees have a downslope at their base. The adjustable legs let me compensate for that.