OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Impressed with updated Cabelas Turkey vest

Started by Mossberg90MN, March 25, 2021, 11:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossberg90MN

So I recently placed an order for another Cabelas tactical Tat r 2 vest. I was pleasantly surprised to the upgrades they have done to the vest and if your a fan of the vest. I think you should go and buy another one.

My seat cushion for the new vest is better then when I bought my old vest. Better, more firm padding. And it's thicker.

They removed the top cushion that would just wear into your back when sitting at a tree for a while.

They have changed the material of the cushion on the back, I'm hoping it no longer makes that rubbing sound while walking. Have to give it a test run to find that out.

The material is different then the original. This one is lighter more breathable material. Going to help with weight and maybe a better assist on really hot days.

Also the material I believe is more water resistant then the original that would definitely get wet.

Over all I'm really happy with the updated vest.

I will post pictures soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spiggy2

I got last years one and think the cushion is better than the older ones. I added a hydration pouch to mine though. I'll post some pictures

"Believe me, you will find more lessons in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you what you cannot learn from masters." - St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Bolandstrutters

I need to pick up another one.  The original was my first turkey vest in the early 2000's and i sold it in about 2010.  I've gone through about ten vest since then and havent found anything I like more. 

spiggy2

Here is the hydration bladder pouch I added

"Believe me, you will find more lessons in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you what you cannot learn from masters." - St. Bernard of Clairvaux

mullet dredge

Thanks for the picture....I've been wanting to add a bladder sleeve to my old Tat'r....looks good.

Mossberg90MN

Quote from: spiggy2 on March 26, 2021, 08:33:41 AM
Here is the hydration bladder pouch I added

Nice! Not bad! I did something similar but I just put Velcro on the vest and the bladder pouch.

Mossberg90MN

Mossberg90MN

Mossberg90MN

Mossberg90MN

Mossberg90MN

Mossberg90MN

So somethings about this vest.

The 2 front pockets seem to be a more sturdy material, keeping those pockets in a firm position.

Another thing to mention is this one includes a decoy bag and pocket for the bag. Could be a game bag but it has one already so I'm going to suggest it's for decoys.

And you can see the seat looks nice and thick.

Mossberg90MN

Another note is, this appears to be there kickstand vest that they just yanked the kickstand out of. I have purchased there kickstand vest in the past but it didn't really work well. Plus I don't use a kickstand... sounded good but I bought both the cabelas kickstand and alps grand slam and I wasn't a fan.

The material does feel water resistant. I'm hoping it doesn't make to much noise in the woods. But we will see.

Big Jeremy

Looks good. I still run this vest when I hunt with a vest. About half of the time I use one of the Avian X sling packs, and the rest of the time I am in one of the older models of the tat'r. It's the best all-around vest that I have found to fit my personal needs.

I tried some of the kickstand vests, also...I am not a fan either. Too much to fiddle with. If I need to have something to hold me up, I would rather it be my gobbler lounger...much more comfortable, and it doesn't add much more weight, if any, than that kickstand frame does to what I am carrying around.

btomlin

Did they add any shell loops??  I don't normally load my gun until I've sat down on a bird so I like having  loops to know where my shells are located at all times without digging for them.   Are the front call pockets plastic shell??  Is that plastic going to be noisy??  Interior pockets set up the same?