Started by Jimspur, March 25, 2021, 03:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimspur

Hey All - Just got off the phone with Mike at Hevi Shot, and he told me
they are discontinuing production of Hevi 13, but will continue to produce
Magnum Blend.

Jim

slicksbeagles1

That sucks I figured they would do something like that because of tss Looks like going to force us to buy tss and I bet when magblends gone out of warehouse they will be gone also

Jimspur

Quote from: slicksbeagles1 on March 25, 2021, 04:01:37 PM
That sucks I figured they would do something like that because of tss Looks like going to force us to buy tss and I bet when magblends gone out of warehouse they will be gone also

He said they were still going to produce the Magnum Blend. He also said
they sold a lot more Magnum Blend than Hevi 13.
Whether they keep making Magnum Blends probably depends on how much TSS they sell.

ElkTurkMan

I hate to hear this but I am not surprised.  I am glad I have been steadily stocking up on 3' 2oz #6's

THattaway

Great, now maybe it'll become collectible and I'll be able to unload some 20ga 5&6s.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

stinkpickle

I saw stores stocking Mag Blends a lot more than H13 loads for the last few years, so that doesn't surprise me.

Gooserbat

I see no reason from a manufacturing standpoint to continue.  Fact is tss is superior, same as hevi13 was superior to lead.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Marc

Hevi-Shot 13 was originally named because it was slightly more dense than their standard Hevi-Shot loads...  At 13 g/cc.

They dropped the density back to 12 g/cc.

It is the same stuff as the Hevi-Shot duck (1 3/8 oz load) or Hevi-Shot goose (1.5 oz load)...  Just has a different picture on the box.

Or you could go with Remington HD, which I prefer to Hevi-shot, if for no other reason than the hulls do not rust by breathing on them....

https://www.opticsplanet.com/remington-20685-wingmaster-hd-12-gauge-3-1-3-8-oz-2-shot-10-bx-10.html?_iv_code=RT-LAS-RA24-20689
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

eddie234

I've got enough hevi 13 2oz #6 3" to last a lifetime. I bought it before everyone started complaining they changed their recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cut N Run

I like Hevi shot & my gun does too.  I hate to hear that Mag Blends will be all they produce.  By the time I need more, I'll probably be too old to care.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

ShootingABN!

Quote from: Marc on March 25, 2021, 05:37:04 PM
Hevi-Shot 13 was originally named because it was slightly more dense than their standard Hevi-Shot loads...  At 13 g/cc.

They dropped the density back to 12 g/cc.

It is the same stuff as the Hevi-Shot duck (1 3/8 oz load) or Hevi-Shot goose (1.5 oz load)...  Just has a different picture on the box.

Or you could go with Remington HD, which I prefer to Hevi-shot, if for no other reason than the hulls do not rust by breathing on them....

https://www.opticsplanet.com/remington-20685-wingmaster-hd-12-gauge-3-1-3-8-oz-2-shot-10-bx-10.html?_iv_code=RT-LAS-RA24-20689

Back order for 3-5 months.... LOL

owlhoot

Well they sure held out for a while. Remington HD, Winchester's HDER, Federal HW all gone.
The Magblends probably won't hold out for long even with the snazzy box, big payload and 1200 fps.
Profit margins and sales.
Its a shame but I guess were going to be down to TSS and longbeards. More models of turkey guns than shells to shoot out of them.

Txag12

If anyone comes across a retailer with some 3.5" 2.25oz #6 hevi 13 I'd appreciate a heads up! I've looked all over online for the past couple of days since I found out it was being discontinued

TrackeySauresRex

I'll be shooting lead. :/ not paying those prices
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

donjuan

1. Can you believe what EMI says?
2. They're making Hevi X2 or XII or whatever is supposed to be 12 g/cc so isn't that the same thing as hevi 13?
Whoever said you can't kill em from the couch never was good enough to call a gobbler into the living room