OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best pistol grip 12 gauge???

Started by redwad, May 11, 2021, 08:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redwad

New to the forum here. With turkey season ending in my state I feel it is a good time to start looking into buying a dedicated turkey gun. Some requirements I have for my next purchase include: pistol grip, short and compact design, light weight and a 12 gauge model. I have narrowed down my options to three models which include the Weatherby SA 459, Remington 870 shur shot, and a tri star viper G2 turkey edition. I like the specs on all of these models and would like to hear everyone's experience with those. Thanks in advance.

Ozarks Hillbilly

My vote is for Remington 870 and add a Knoxx spec opps stock.  I have a Remington 870 SM Gobbler Maxx that I really like.  Next in line would be my Benelli m2 steady grip.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

lowoctane

:welcomeOG:
You have joined the premier turkey site, IMHO!
My vote goes to the 870 only because I have two of the older guns that are set up for turkey time. One also is used with a scoped rifled cantilever barrel for deer hunting when I want to use slugs here in MO.
Hard to go wrong with the 870!   :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Greg Massey

Quote from: redwad on May 11, 2021, 08:36:45 PM
New to the forum here. With turkey season ending in my state I feel it is a good time to start looking into buying a dedicated turkey gun. Some requirements I have for my next purchase include: pistol grip, short and compact design, light weight and a 12 gauge model. I have narrowed down my options to three models which include the Weatherby SA 459, Remington 870 shur shot, and a tri star viper G2 turkey edition. I like the specs on all of these models and would like to hear everyone's experience with those. Thanks in advance.
The Weatherby Sa 459 has been discontinued, the other problem your going to run into is just finding Remington with Shurshot stock and Tistar Viper g2 in stock... good luck...

Big Jeremy

I am a fan of the Remington shurshot stock.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Ridge Rooster

Benelli Steady Grip gets my vote. The TriStar Viper G2's aint bad. Both need trigger jobs in my opinion. I also have several Remington Sure Shot stocked guns that are nice but poster asked opinions on best and by far the best is the Benelli's in my opinion.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters